Where to get WII demos?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by nitrodude150, Jul 25, 2008.

Jul 25, 2008

Where to get WII demos? by nitrodude150 at 11:53 PM (1,345 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. nitrodude150
    OP

Member nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Cuz like i went to my local gamestop and they're like "we dont give out wii demos" and it got me wondering, are there even wii game demos?

2. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    I don't think, because the Super Mario Galaxy demo was the full game, and I think Brawl and MKWii are also the full games. I've never seen any other demos, so I'm not sure.

3. Drkirby

Newcomer Drkirby Advanced Member

United States
    Nope, I don't think any Wii game has a demo. The ones on display at shops are full versions, and they never mass produce the ones they make for press events like E3.

4. OrGoN3

Member OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That is because your local GameStop does not get any Wii demos from Nintendo. Unlike the demo discs they mass produced for GameCube, they seem to be at their production limit and do not produce demos for the Wii on massive scales. Even the demos at E3 that they use in the Wiis aren't demos that they hand out. Simply put, you cannot get Wii demos from anywhere.

5. nitrodude150
    OP

Member nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    awwwwww [​IMG]

6. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm not really surprised, especially given how I've only seen one while entire Wii unit that was up and running for a SMG demo in my entire shopping experience. They can't necessarily hammer down the Wiimote and all, so it makes demoing a little bit more difficult. Sure, some places might actually give you the controllers and hope you don't steal them while they look away, but I've never encountered a retailer that did this (and on my last visit to Gamestop, they didn't even have a Wii for demo anyway).

It's a shame though.

7. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Ah but they may not make demo DISCS but they may start demo Downloadable Content you can get from the wii shop channel remember Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Preview c Channel (Most likely after they fix the Memory issue)

8. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    talking about nintendo here. highly unlikely. the closest well get to a demo now is a video on it from the Nintendo channel.

9. sjones900

Member sjones900 GBAtemp Advanced Member

United States
    Ah touche.

Edit: Wait one minute what about the ds download station featured in the nintendo channel now that I think about it its not impossible that wii demos won't come out as wii ware.

10. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    ds demos are alot easier to do since most of those demos are already made for the ds download stations at gamestop and toys r us. its simply an upload. Nintendo would have to specifically make that demo specifically for wiiware. the only chance i see it happening is if third pary bully them to allow it to happen similiar to whats happening with dlc. Sega and Activision basically said "we want dlc in guitar hero and samba, and were going to get it."

11. Rice923

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    download stations are great ways to try out DS games if you have a DS.

As for wii, pretty sure there are no demos out there. I did come by a Wii Fit "intro" disk though. It's just a DVD that tells you about Wii Fit, and not a real game demo. it's as close to a demo as I've seen.