Hacking Where to get the movie convertor for M3real

gcstr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have downloaded all I can from GBA alpha and associated sites for M#real software. What I am after is software to convert videos to DSM format for the player.

On the site is a file - PC video Converter (support Movie Player) system 2.2(en) - I assume it's the GBAlpha DSM Movie Converter. But inside the rar is some files that to me don't mean much. System folder and inside that a skin folder, cheat file, g6dsload.eng etc etc can't find an executable.

Where is the convertor?
I have read the great review here http://www.iso420.org/nds/m3real/index.html and it talks about converting but I am lost without a program that can do it. It mentions...
QUOTE said:
Crystal Engine Movie Converter
The Crystal Engine Movie Converter is used to convert various formats of movies into the Crystal Engine format to be played using your M3DS Real. The converter is easy to use and supports a wide variety of input formats including rm (Real Media), vob (DVD), avi (Plain/XVID/DIVX), mov, wmv and asf. You can convert the media using three video quality settings which are High Compression Mode, Standard Mode and High Quality Mode. Additionally, you can select which console you'll be playing your videos back on, but for the sake of the M3DS Real you'll be sticking with the NDS. Lastly, you can change the targeted file size, but to be safe I'd leave it at 512MB.

GBAlpha's DSM Movie Converter
This movie converter is used to encode your movies into the DSM format and is more robust and reliable then the Crystal Engine one. I would use this format over the Crystal Engine as it's superior in video, playback and sound quality. You have a lot of control over the conversion process including selecting the frame rate, video bit rate, audio bit rate, audio sample rate, encoding mode, colors, subtitles and you can even make an introduction image or video.

where do I get these?

Any help / links please?

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
Do you really want a DSM convertor? A more common format for movies in the NDS is the .dpg format. You can convert movies into .dpg using a program called batchDPG

gcstr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The reason for the DSM is so I can use (well my 9YO son) the built in media palyer rather than installing another player - I can't see the point of it even if the quality is slightly better.

Any links to a DSM convertor - come on some must have tried to do this? I would like to try the GBAlpha's DSM Movie Converter

cheers,

Keamar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The built in media player can play .dpg as well...
I couldn't get the native movie player to play .dpg. What did you use to encode them so Media-Extend would play them? I tried the movies that play on my R4 with Moonshell (encoded with dpgtools) and they dont work. The reason I want .dsm is because I'm hoping they look better then .dpg. .dpg is small but now that i have more then 2GB I was hoping for better quality at the cost of perhaps a larger file. The .dsm created by dsmtools look about as good as .mp4 but at too high a price of size (about 8 times as big).

vafd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do believe after searching for a while that the is no final English version of DSM converter. Though Chinese one was released in summer.

In my experience with this converter DSM movies are by far inferior compared to DPG.

For everyone who desires movies on M3 Real a much better option would be to ask M3 team to fix what was not broken in the first place - proper DPG and/or Moonshell support. And what is the deal with purple bottom screen even when playing DSM files in the built-in player?

Regards.

P.s.: really daring ones can try Chinese version (direct link to .zip) and use screenshot from ISO420 review as a guide. You have to press two buttons at most to just convert. Can be done in any interface if you ask me.

gcstr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info.
I down'd the chinese version a couple of days ago but haven't tried it yet.

That purple screen is a pain - not there all the time only in some settings. glad it is not just me with this.

I do believe after searching for a while that the is no final English version of DSM converter. Though Chinese one was released in summer.

In my experience with this converter DSM movies are by far inferior compared to DPG.

For everyone who desires movies on M3 Real a much better option would be to ask M3 team to fix what was not broken in the first place - proper DPG and/or Moonshell support. And what is the deal with purple bottom screen even when playing DSM files in the built-in player?

Regards.

P.s.: really daring ones can try Chinese version (direct link to .zip) and use screenshot from ISO420 review as a guide. You have to press two buttons at most to just convert. Can be done in any interface if you ask me.

John Kimble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive found the m3 real mp3/video player to be real crappy (pink screen on lower screen + choppy video playback)... I just run a separate version of moonshell when I play mp3s/video

gcstr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I find the video playback to be pretty smooth not choppy at all. the pink screen goes away in some screen settings - thats one bit I don't like.

Ive found the m3 real mp3/video player to be real crappy (pink screen on lower screen + choppy video playback)... I just run a separate version of moonshell when I play mp3s/video

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls