Where to get GBM 1GB Flash carts these days?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by replicashooter, Oct 3, 2011.

1. replicashooter
    OP

Member replicashooter GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Gone are the days when you could just cruise online and grab a GBA Flash cart and coming are the days when I need another.

Does anyone know where to get one from these days? I'm in the UK and would prefer an EFA Linker II 1 GB but they seem impossible to find these days, so have at you...

2. Videomanman87

Member Videomanman87 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, I recently saw this link posted http://shoptemp.net/categories/Flashcarts/EZ%252dFlash/ and you can get carts there still by the looks. I haven't purchased one yet, but looks like I will soon as my my cart is being a bit temperamental at the moment.

1 person likes this.
  3. replicashooter
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for that - I'm going to pick up an EZflash V 3in1.

Does anyone know if you can have more than one ROM on there as the GBAtemp review seems to indicate only one at a time and that it needs the DS card to copy ROMs across from, I'm looking for a stand alone solution for the GB Micro.

4. KazoWAR

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    try one of these

http://shoptemp.net/products/EZ%252dFlash-IV.html

5. aaronz77

Newcomer aaronz77 Advanced Member

United States
    I just bought a 3in1 two days ago. It only stores one gba game at a time if you want to use it as a stand alone gba cart. But when you use it in the DS with a DSTT or acekard you can load gba roms off the microSD card (as many as you can fit) It's working great for me. I bought the fat Gba size cart Fyi.

6. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Yeah, look at 0ShippingZone and double-check to see if they still have the EZ Flash IV in stock. It's gonna be less of a pain in the ass, even if it is more costly ($30 plus a MiniSd/MicroSD+MiniSD adapter). Overall, though, probably cheaper than trying to find an EFA II, especially at how much they cost when they were still new.. But the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 is not gonna work as a standalone for more than a game or two (I don't remember if it can store multiple games on the flash at a time, but they do have something like 32 or 64MB onboard) and you can't flash or reflash it without some sort of DS.

7. replicashooter
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks folks, I'll be picking up a EZFlash IV then :yaysp:

I'd been avoiding flash cards that needed external memory cos I could remember problems with them back when I first got my EFA (FMV stuttering, needing to patch games etc..) and the stock online is all the first generation stuff as well. But seeing as there's nothing else around I'll give it a bash.

Once again, thanks folks - I appreciate all the help so I can keep on truckin.