gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I didn't want to cross post, but had this post in the supercard forum with no replies for a few days now....

I'm looking for a database or list of codes for nes games using nesds with the dstwo card. I know there is a code entry mode, but I have no idea where to obtain the codes (they're not even in the same format as game genie codes I've seen online, so i couldn't get those to work).

I was really hoping there was some kind of automated cheat database that would make cheats available when you had the rom loaded, but I can't seem to find any info at all on making this happen. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
relminator said:
AFAIK, nesds has a cheat search feature. You can use that.

I tried that, but it really didn't seem to work. it "added" the codes, but there was no idication in the game or in the cheat menu as far as if they were doing anything or if they even worked. Are there detailed instructions anywhere on the feature?

gbalight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get to the cheat search section and do searches (it's based on "number, map, increase, decrease")...but I have no idea what any of that means. It apparently finds some items since after it searches it displays them in the results area, and then i can add them by clicking the plus sign on the right of each one. The problem is that I cannot find any kind of documentation anywhere about using the search feature and what the "number, map, increase, decrease" mean as far as the search criteria/profile is concerned.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I too have often wondered how the cheat function works here. OP's other topic about game genie code conversion suggests that there's a logical way to turn GG and PAR codes into nesDS codes, but I'll be snookered if it makes any sense to me.

I would also request a detailed explanation to the cheat system besides "there's a search function", as that helps not at all.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Use the search function as you would for the DSTWO's freecheat (maybe? too lazy to actually check)...or rather, just use the search function as you would for making your very own simple cheats (though I'm thinking a freecheat demonstration would be the quickest way to understand it).

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
choconado said:
I would also request a detailed explanation to the cheat system besides "there's a search function", as that helps not at all.

QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Aug 17 2011, 03:29 PM) Use the search function as you would for the DSTWO's freecheat (maybe? too lazy to actually check)...or rather, just use the search function as you would for making your very own simple cheats (though I'm thinking a freecheat demonstration would be the quickest way to understand it).

Gee thanks!
p1ng.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water