Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Edit: Shit, mine is SEH1016xxxx according to some posts it had 4.x firmware.
I fucked up everything by updating to 6.3. I thought it was 5.x. Dammnit, I feel stupid right now.
I can't return it back, what I'm gonna do now...

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got really interested in buying a 3DS XL after reading about the progress with flash cards. Finding one online seems kinda difficult, though. There are some confirmed 4.x XLs on eBay for $250, but that strikes me as excessive. I've e-mailed about a dozen people between Amazon and eBay asking if they could check their firmwares / serials for me, so hopefully I come up with something soon.

Ask for just the first 4 of the serial (so you don't come off as a scammer to them) and say it starts with sw and is located on the top of the box. The more you ask of a seller, the less likely you're to get a response because I know I wouldn't feel like checking the firmware on something I'm selling if I was clueless as to why I should be doing it, and if I knew why, I'd raise the price.

xjamesbx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask for just the first 4 of the serial (so you don't come off as a scammer to them) and say it starts with sw and is located on the top of the box. The more you ask of a seller, the less likely you're to get a response because I know I wouldn't feel like checking the firmware on something I'm selling if I was clueless as to why I should be doing it, and if I knew why, I'd raise the price.

Yeah, I've tried to be upfront about everything. I've actually had three people e-mail me back already, although no 4.x XLs yet. One person e-mailed me saying I was the fourth person to ask what the firmware was, so I guess the buyer side of the market's a little bigger than I thought.

EDIT: Found one with a SW10 serial, wow. Guess I'll just buy that and update to 4.x with my friend's copy of Fire Emblem. No problems there, right?

Spunky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Edit: Shit, mine is SEH1016xxxx according to some posts it had 4.x firmware.
I fucked up everything by updating to 6.3. I thought it was 5.x. Dammnit, I feel stupid right now.
I can't return it back, what I'm gonna do now...

Either sell it or try to return it by packaging it like you just bought it.

Yoshi9288

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My White 3DS (For use with the Gateway) has the Serialnumber: SEF1088XXXXX and i came with Firmware 4.3.0-10E
It is the Super Mario 3D Land Bundle with the White 3DS XL

And my Black 3DS XL came with the Firmware 4.5.0-10E and has the following Serial: SEF1139XXXXX
It is the Black Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Bundle.

Both 3DS are German Units.

I hope this helps the List. ^^

Reactions: kalimero

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My White 3DS (For use with the Gateway) has the Serialnumber: SEF1088XXXXX and i came with Firmware 4.3.0-10E
It is the Super Mario 3D Land Bundle with the White 3DS XL

And my Black 3DS XL came with the Firmware 4.5.0-10E and has the following Serial: SEF1139XXXXX
It is the Black Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Bundle.

Both 3DS are German Units.

I hope this helps the List. ^^

Indeed. This is now the highest Serial with FW under 5.0 and finally a 3DS from the Mario Bundle.

Yoshi9288

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Before i forget it The Mario 3D Land Bundle is Copyright 2012 and the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Bundle is Copyright 2013.

Mad Bawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My 2 white 3DS XL UK Units has the Serialnumber: SUF1019XXXXX and SUF1020XXXXX.
They came with Firmware 4.3.0-10E and Mario Kart 7 is Pre-Installed.
Copyright 2012.

My 2 black 3DS XL German Units has the Serialnumber: SEF1138XXXXX and SEF1139XXXXX.
They came with Firmware 4.5.0-10E and Monster Hunter 3 is Pre-Installed.
Copyright 2013.

My black 3DS XL Italy Unit has the Serialnumber: SEF1144XXXXX.
It came with Firmware 4.5.0-10E and Monster Hunter 3 is Pre-Installed.
Copyright 2013.

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've tried to be upfront about everything. I've actually had three people e-mail me back already, although no 4.x XLs yet. One person e-mailed me saying I was the fourth person to ask what the firmware was, so I guess the buyer side of the market's a little bigger than I thought.

EDIT: Found one with a SW10 serial, wow. Guess I'll just buy that and update to 4.x with my friend's copy of Fire Emblem. No problems there, right?

Don't update before you check the firmware. Maybe its already 4.1-4.5.

I also think before people resort to eBay I would say make a run of your local stores. With the firmware FAQ in hand I went in November when the xl's were on sale first to smaller stores but it was actually at best buy i found one with an acceptable serial. Depends also on the salesperson but usually the will at least try to be a bit accomodating. I usually say I want a blue older production model because I read that the hinges were prone to break on the newer models or something like that. If they say something like how would you know you say on the box it will say 2013 or 2012. You say you want 2012. Usually they will glance at a few boxes and either say it's all 2013. Or actually find one. When they hand it to you look at the serial. If its good you win. If its too high say you would like to see a red one etc. I have no idea how the retail business works but I do know this. Two weeks after I got my 4.5 I thought I would go back and get one for my son and the best buy was all sold out. So I thought out of luck. But right after Christmas I was there shopping and for fun I asked if they had xl's in stock and they did so I did the same routine expecting all 2013 boxes since it's new stock and was surprised that they had quite a few 2012 boxes! Found a red one although I have yet to give it to him i'm worried about accidental update hopefully a new firmware from gateway will prevent this.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
How and where to get a 4.5 3ds LL in Japan?? The wiki just talks about 3ds serials from America and Europe, which serials should I look for in Japan??

Ickstar009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went in to a Bestbuy yesterday and bought the last blue/black 3dsxl with serial SW1247XXXX. But they still had at least 6-8 Red/blacks with serial #'s SW12's in the cage. US version.

Confirming that the model I purchased has FW 4.4.

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought 2 from Tesco Direct

Black: copyright 2012 suh1022xxxxxxx = 4.4.0-10e

Silver/ Black: copyright 2013 suf1035xxxxxxx = 4.5.0-10e

If anyone wants to buy one, or a white 3ds mario bundle (4.5) - please pm me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat