Hacking Where to find tiks?

Samie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe a dumb question, but where can I find .tik files?

Specifically I was trying to find some for eshop games. But every site I find online only seems to have title ids and title keys or only a small selection of tik files.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is there a way of making tik files with the titleid/titlekey?

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Titles that are only available on eshop do not have tickets available on the title key sites. Fake tickets are created for these titles. That's why CFW is needed to launch such titles. If you're comfortable on a command line, use FunkiiU and run:
Code:
 python FunKiiU.py -title 000500001012be00 -onlinekeys -ticketsonly
OR if you aren't that comfortable on a command line you can use my GUI called Funkii-UI. With Funkii-UI you can launch gui.py, switch to the Options tab and select 'Tickets Only Mode'' switch back to the Download tab and search for the game in question. Add the game to the Download List and click the Download button. This will create the ticket files you are looking for but won't actually download the game because of the tickets only mode.

Last edited by dojafoja,
Reactions: Samie

Samie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Titles that are only available on eshop do not have tickets available on the title key sites. Fake tickets are created for these titles. That's why CFW is needed to launch such titles.

Ohh ok I gotcha :P How would I create fake tickets then?

I do have CFW (assuming that's Haxchi), and can download any game, but just don't know where to find tickets, or even fake tickets in this case.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! I will give it a try. I'm trying to use only WUP installer so I hope it works with that instead of that other loadiine or whatever it's called. Thank you for the help!
Yes it creates WUP ready files. They are both all-in-one tools and can download games and tickets as well as create fake tickets on the fly.

Samie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it creates WUP ready files. They are both all-in-one tools and can download games and tickets as well as create fake tickets on the fly.

Trying to run it from a remote server I have elsewhere (since my home internet is basically dialup) but am running into issues as I'm being prompted to enter a keysite followed by an error "Could not download data file" after entering a keysite.

Assuming it's probably something server-side on my end that's not allowing Python to download, so I'm looking into that.

Anyways :P I'll figure it out but just thought in the meantime I would mention it incase I'm missing something or if you had any suggestions. Also was a bit confused with
FunKiiU -- like I didn't understand the purpose of entering the keysite if I'm providing the number stuff already inside the parameters. Also the prompts seemed to suggest that the keysite is needed to access the tickets, but then I'm thinking.. that's already my original issue -- trying to find a site that has the tickets.

Thanks again for the help :P Will post an update here when I figure it out.

Edit: Err.. Well.. I'm a dummy :P Reading your last post again "tickets as well as create fake tickets on the fly" - So I'm assuming it's gonna try to check if the ticket is there and if not, then fake one.

Last edited by Samie,

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to run it from a remote server I have elsewhere (since my home internet is basically dialup) but am running into issues as I'm being prompted to enter a keysite followed by an error "Could not download data file" after entering a keysite.

Assuming it's probably something server-side on my end that's not allowing Python to download, so I'm looking into that.

Anyways :P I'll figure it out but just thought in the meantime I would mention it incase I'm missing something or if you had any suggestions. Also was a bit confused with
FunKiiU -- like I didn't understand the purpose of entering the keysite if I'm providing the number stuff already inside the parameters. Also the prompts seemed to suggest that the keysite is needed to access the tickets, but then I'm thinking.. that's already my original issue -- trying to find a site that has the tickets.

Thanks again for the help :P Will post an update here when I figure it out.

Edit: Err.. Well.. I'm a dummy :P Reading your last post again "tickets as well as create fake tickets on the fly" - So I'm assuming it's gonna try to check if the ticket is there and if not, then fake one.
Yep it checks for a ticket on the key site. If it doesn't exist then it creates a fake one. It still needs the key site to generate a fake ticket because it needs the titlekey to generate the ticket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple