Where to find a backlit GBA SP?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Jax, Mar 10, 2013.

Mar 10, 2013

Where to find a backlit GBA SP? by Jax at 10:01 PM (863 Views / 1 Likes) 5 replies

1. Jax
    OP

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Anyone know where I can find a used/cheap backlit GBA SP, model AGS-101? Preferably a European version.

I don't want the clones or the Micro because they don't play GB and GBC games.

Rydian likes this.
  2. Jax
    OP

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Anyone?

3. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I think GBA is region free. eBay is a good place to start.

4. Cactuar

Member Cactuar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got mine on Ebay last week and it cost me 43.00. There seems to be a good number of people selling them that refurbish the 101 models into a new housing. The going rate for one of the new looking (refurbished/used) models is between 70-85 bucks. Your best bet is to try to find a rough-looking AGS-101 where the only thing wrong with it is cosmetic issues, then buy one of the replacement shells, they go for 5-10 bucks but most of them ship from China. You can filter/sort your Ebay results to show you only the ones in your country if you prefer that. Mine is pink right now, but soon it will be black just waiting on my package. Good Luck, I'd be interested to see what you come up with so post back if you get anything Ok?

5. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    I'm in America, but I grabbed my Backlit SP for roughly $50 USD, in decent condition. Only issues were minor scuffs and a slight stickiness to the buttons that happens after a period of non-use (clicking them once or twice initially fixes the issue, though). Most others seem to be the same. I bought my girlfriend one from the local retro game shop for only $40 (the store doesn't differentiate prices between frontlit and backlit models), in perfect condition save some permanent marker drawings around the buttons.

6. Cactuar

Member Cactuar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys, also you should be checking your local craigslist. I found a pearl blue ags-101 from a lady who just referred to it as a "gameboy player" for 15 bucks. It's going to need a new housing shell though and a new lens. I'm going to refurbish this one and surprise my brother who misses playing Zelda Minish Cap. I think a lot of parents probably sell their kids video game stuff when they "outgrow" it. HAHA

xwatchmanx likes this.