Where to buy top glass just the glass?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by jmhannz, Apr 7, 2017.

1. jmhannz
    OP

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    I got a 3DS XL Zelda Hyrule Edition for $140 on 11.2, can't complain. But the thing is, my top screen has a few scratches, same with the bottom. Overall I'd say its a 7/10 condition wise, the entire unit. I am looking to hide the top scratches maybe with tempered glass? or not waste time and use a hair dryer + puller and swap the top glass, as far as the bottom unit touch screen I can just find one if I am really that picky and replace that.. So anywho... Has anyone done this? Where can I buy just the glass OEM w/ adhesive so it stays fresh :)

2. Oschara

Oschara GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Its not glass that is on the screen. Its plastic. They go for 4ish on ebay. I ordered one from a china store and it is in amazing quality.

3. jmhannz
    OP

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    Thanks I managed to find one on Aliexpress as well, figured I'd order a 3 pack. Plenty of times I can screw up

4. Oschara

Oschara GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Yeah that too. I almost went with those but just went with ebay. It feels like glass but not. Also really easy to replace. I would also recommend xtremeguard shields once you put the replacement on. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice