PS1/2 Where to buy the cheapest possible new PS3?

Lockon Stratos

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've found a few on E-bay 60 GB and 40GB PS3's which are new. But they're both bid but do you know where I can just buy it from for a low price?
tongue.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ameer10 said:
I've found a few on E-bay 60 GB and 40GB PS3's which are new. But they're both bid but do you know where I can just buy it from for a low price?
tongue.gif

cheapest way is to buy pre owned NEW ARE ALWAYS EXPENSIVE!

In the UK try CEX a discounted 40GB ps3 ......is £220 unboxed or £230 boxed
smile.gif

80gbs go for £230- £240 so maybe better to get an 80gb!

Remember that 60gb and 80gb you can play ps2 games on them... and 40gb you cannot!

Hard drives are self upgradable too with a 320gb compatible one from play.com being £49.99
smile.gif

you can trade in older consoles and games or mobile phones, computers, dvds etc towards the price of anything they sell!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I think it'll be hard. I think sadly auction houses or if the UK has something like the American 'Craigslist' would be still your best bet. I refused to pay the bs high price too, only plunged when I got the Circuit City death sale price of $300 instead of $400USD on it.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ameer10 said:
Well I've found a 40 and 60 GB under £100 on ebay which is still in the box.

but will they stay at that price when you bid on it !? and does it have a reserve !?

its VERY DOUBTFUL you would win one at that price!

and I would also check the postage is not ridiculous prices...

then follow that checking with checking that it does not say this BRAND NEW UK 40GB SONY PS3 PLAYSTATION WHOLESALE LIST

the keyword here being LIST as that's what you would be buying a LIST of wholesalers for a massive price of £40-50 don't fall into that trap read descriptions to the LETTER!

A long time ago when PS2 was first released I remember someone selling a PS2 NEW ..BOX AND RECEIPT and that's what they buyer got for around £500 a NEW PS2 BOX and RECEIPT no console just the box and the consoles receipt!
frown.gif

other PS3'S are cheap but listed as FAULTY! I would avoid those!

along with this type of auction ...

QUOTENewBARGAIN SONY PLAYSTATION 3 (60GB) !!!!!! L@@K !!!!!!!
COMPLETE WITH GAMES, CONTROLLER auction price £1.04 (at the time of this post) and with a Buy It Now price of £240.00

... you Can almost be certain that the reserve price would be around the BUY IT NOW PRICE!

the rest are all AUCTIONS with several days left on them so no doubt they will bust the £200 mark quite easily!

some also state PICK UP ONLY! meaning you have to go collect it wherever they live and this could be quite a few miles away from your location!

least if you buy from a store you get upto 3 months to return the console should a fault develop ...plus the added advantage of its a store that would be LIABLE for breach of sale of goods act if you have a problem they cannot resolve!

whereas an Individual ... its much more difficult to deal with a problematic situation!

I'm not saying DON'T buy one from ebay ....I'm advising BE CAREFUL what your buying!

OK /RANT MODE OFF:)

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wait till summer when Sony will drop the price on PS3. If you don't believe me about the eminent price drop, then google it. You'll see I'm right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c