Hacking Where to buy replacement touch screen/cheap/fast/US.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need to get some replacement screens for my DS, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere that is NOT shoptemp or DX. I need these things now, not 2-3 weeks from now.
Thankyou.
Anyone that has installed replacement screens/touch screen. Can you tell the difference between OEM?

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have now waited one entire month for a DX replacement DS Lite Touch screen and a screen protector. I placed my order 9/22 and it is still not here.

:|

This is why.

edit: Came today. 1 month exactly.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
eBay, and most of the time, the replacement feels different, harder feeling.
Is that a bad thing?
Anyone experience with an exact one that feels very similar?
QUOTE(pokefreak2008 @ Oct 22 2010, 12:21 PM) this is why i have a hard case and screen protectors so i don't have to replace the screen(scared of opening the ds my self and wrecking it).
as am I. But the Zelda games scratched up my screens.
biggrin.gif
well, they didn't do it directly but.....somehow my screen got some kind of abrasive dust on it or spec, and the stylus just scratched the heck out of the screen over the course of the two games. moral I guess is to clean your touch screen frequently(CAREFULLY, cleaning incorrectly will also scratch your screen, ie. disposable microfiber cloths) I BABY! my DS, but in the end you are still touching it with that stylus. any dust on there and scratching begins. i'm actually not doing any stylus games for a bit till I figure out what to do.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keine said:
Is that a bad thing?
Anyone experience with an exact one that feels very similar?ch your screen, ie. disposable microfiber cloths)

Yeah, I didn't really like it, but there are some that has original feeling. Even when bought from DX with the same sku, I get some that are and some that aren't. It isn't consistent, maybe different batches or different suppliers I'm not sure.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-DS-LITE-NDS-N...=item4a9a0188a2
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Touch-Screen-Ninte...=item3efc24ba17

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is it always ebay?
Those are good deals and would ship very fast, none the less.
Since I finally, got mine from DX, I'll have to build up the courage to disassemble my DS now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: