Where to buy New Boxed Retro controllers???

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by rich333, Aug 13, 2013.

1. rich333
    OP

rich333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2009
    Been keeping an eye on eBay of course, but does anyone know where to look on the net for brand new boxed controllers? Got some SMS ones, mainly after Mega Drive / Genesis but wouldn't turn down NES or SNES for a fair price.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    NIB games and maybe consoles is something I have seen before but so rarely would accessories and controllers fall into that.

Would you accept reproductions? Most of the older controllers are simple enough that I could knock one together with the contents of my junk bin and 5 minutes with a soldering iron with the plastics side of things not being much harder. Because of that a few companies have gone this route (albeit making them properly). Between emulation and later controllers using/being easily adapted for USB I have not really had much cause to go looking for repros (Indeed if I see one then most of the time I am gutting older controllers to adapt to USB http://learn.adafruit.com/usb-snes-gamepad ) but they used to be common enough on "Hong Kong import" shops, you did have to wade through "third party" stuff but it could be done.