Where to buy DVD-R larger than 4.7gb non dual layer?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by linkz4461, Sep 10, 2011.

1. linkz4461
    OP

linkz4461 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2011
    United States
    I want to burn some single layer games that are bigger than 4.7 gb to discs. I cannot find any discs that can fit them that are not dual layer. Any help?

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    This isn't a topic about backup loaders, you should have posted in ask GBAtemp.

Short answer is you can't. If your ISO is just shy of 5 gigs and for a game that is not supposed to be dual layered try burning it to a normal blank disc in IMG burn anyway.

3. kylster

kylster mich weich töten

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    Fr33D0M R1N6
    I do not think they anything larger then 4.7 GB dvd-r; then again they did at some point make either 750 or 800 MiB cd's you could burn with. I remember them back when I was in middle school I was so pissed they stopped making them.

4. smf

smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2009
    There are no single layer games greater than 4.7gb, so whatever you're trying to do is probably wrong.

5. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2007
    Still Here
    I dont care what he's trying and neither should you, fact is, single layer DVD-r can only hold upto 4.7 GB of data on it so there is simply no room for anything larger
    [​IMG]

6. steve-p

steve-p GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2009
    if the burner supports it then he can probably overburn until the laser goes off the edge of the disc.
    i wouldnt recommend it though.

7. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    ...Does such a thing exist? Also, you will need either regular DVDs or Dual Layer, a Wii will not read DVDs that don't fall under one of those criteria.