Where to buy DSTwo/DSTwo Plus - Australia?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Tom932, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Tom932
    OP

Tom932 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Hi, I've been searching around the Internet a lot recently to buy a DSTwo or DSTwo Plus card, I have seen people mention that they have previously been around for $39, but so far I can only find the DSTwo Plus for around $60, and am wondering if anyone has seen either of them for a more reasonable price, I'm fine with DSTwo standard as I have the latest 3DS firmware and can't run 3DS roms through DSTwo Plus. If anyone has seen a cheaper or better price could you please leave a link
    Thanks, Tom.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Hi Tom,

You do not want a DSTWO plus. The DSTWO plus feature that lets you play 3DS games is a Gateway clone. This means that Gateway may brick your console if you use any Gateway files made after the card was released. This means, in turn, that you are limited to 10.3 emuNAND (as far as I remember) on old 3DS and 9.5 on new 3DS. This means you can't play any new games. It also means that you are going to have a hard time finding support for this method if you get stuck (since very few people have experience with it) and it's also a lot harder to work out how to do stuff as you have to research it yourself, there's no easy guide.

It would make a million times more sense to just install a9lh using 3ds.guide/get-started. The DSTWO plus requires 9.2 or less firmware to use anyway, while the guide shows you how to do it from 10.7 or less. You can even do it all the way up to the latest firmware with some extra requirements.

To answer your actual question, ozmodchips.com.au. They're based in Melbourne.

xIce101x likes this.
  3. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    @Tom932, I second OzModChips. I've bought a number of flashcards and other items from them in the past, and I've never had a problem with them.

Though I should note that their website is https://ozmodchips.com/ (not .com.au).

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Dec 19, 2016
    Quantumcat likes this.
  4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Thanks for the correction :-) Yep I bought my Gateway and DSTwo from them way back when. They are prompt and had good communication.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  5. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Do they still even make a dstwo? Can you play ds roms with the plus without needing the launcher?

6. Tom932
    OP

Tom932 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    Thanks for replying guys, I do believe that The DSTwo is no longer being manufactured, but if it is available for cheaper then the DSTwo Plus I'd probably purchase it instead. As for the uselessness of gateway emulation, I didn't intend to use that anyway, as I'm only after DS, SNES, and GBA games (in particular the translated Fire Emblem games) and I'd read something about it not being compatible with the latest firmware. Also I will consider purchasing from ozmodchips, but it largely depends on price.

Last edited by Tom932, Dec 19, 2016
  7. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Alternatively you couldn't use cfw and a cheap r4i card. You can inject gba and play snes pretty well with emulators

8. Tom932
    OP

Tom932 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2016
    How can I get a CFW with the latest firmware?

Last edited by Tom932, Dec 19, 2016
  9. Ronhero

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    What's your firmware?

10. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    There's your answer, Ron.