Where to buy Dreamcast games?

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday I bought a Dreamcast (finally, after many years of searching), it came with a tonne of games, many of them back-ups, some work (Ecco, Crazy Taxi 2, SWWS, Zombie Rev., Chu Chu Rocket, a few others that I consider good), but most do not, many of the non-working ones are doubles and games that I do not consider worth it, but some of these non-working games are good games and games I wanna play (Sonic Adv. 1 and 2, Sonic Shuffle (don't laugh, I kinda like this kind of game), Mortal Kombat, the Virtua- series, Ready 2 Rumble, Sega Rally) and I want to know; does anyone know anywhere in Australia (preferably Victoria) that you can still buy Dreamcast games (new or used, it doesn't bother me)? My local Gametraders do not have the games I'd like and eBay is almost impossible to get through eBay with the many spammy items. Any help at all would be appreciated!

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUY Dreamcast games? LMAO. You do know why the Dreamcast had an early death right... Yeah, you could play backups on an unmodded system. But I digress as I OWN around 24 DC titles. Your best bet is to look in a used videogame store (I hate EB as much as the rest of them, BUT... they had a TON of DC titles for around $5... You could buy a refurb system for $15 and controllers for like $3 and memory cards for about the same). That being said, that was back in 2003 or 2004. Swap meets, flea markets, and Ebay are probably your best options.

Oh yeah, and Craigslist. Make up a posting that you want DC games and are willing to pay a fair price... I think you'd be surprised the hits you get.

opnr2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the games that work, maybe you need to try the utopia boot disk?
otherwise newsgroups are a great source for what your looking for if you can't find it B&M.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It came with many boot discs and I created a new one. I would simply d/l the games but starting tomorrow mandatory filtering will be occuring in Australia (horrid, no pr0nz, many sites deemed "needing adult perspecitve" blocked, usage tracked, some d/l methods blocked) and I think a few of those games are worth buying.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
It came with many boot discs and I created a new one. I would simply d/l the games but starting tomorrow mandatory filtering will be occuring in Australia (horrid, no pr0nz, many sites deemed "needing adult perspecitve" blocked, usage tracked, some d/l methods blocked) and I think a few of those games are worth buying.
Nooo! Are you serious? *Hides under bed* Being Australian, shouldn't I have at least heard something about this? It's pretty unfair and all if they don't even warn us, or will everyone wake up tomorrow with a message from the Chinese Government?
frown.gif

I tried EB for games, they just laughed when I mentioned Dreamcast. Either eBay or maybe your local cash converters/pawn shop. If what you said is true just download games like there's no tomorrow, literally!
tongue.gif

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, some starts tomorrow and the rest they slowly are starting for the next few months, I'll PM you link to a petition that's gonna be forwarded to all members of government it concerns.
So far eBay has barely anything at all good and my local Cash Converters are notorious for their horrid "goods", Gametraders seems to be the best place so far, there's 3 in my area and they still sell stuff as old as the old Ataris.

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So far, I've bought Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (from England so it'll be a while) and I've re-burnt Shuffle and Crazy Taxi 1, they now work. But, Mortal Kombat won't burn (nor did Sonic 1) and I've yet to try the others, hopefully, I'll be lucky and they'll work.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can easily download dreamcast games. As your system doesn't need to be modded to play them. You just burn the disc and most of them are self boot.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Clxmj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah it depends what burning program you use.. Alcohol 120% works without fail, and some of the files you get could be different. So just mess about with it. Not sure if there is an Amazon for you guys, but try that. EUR and US Amazon are good.

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chances are many of the games you're looking for won't be in any game stores. Sonic Adventure 2, for example, is worth well over $40 these days (and that goes for many DC games). Its very hard to come by in a store but its on sale on Ebay and Amazon for reasonable pries.

Ebay is your best bet....but torrents are oodles of fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: