Where to buy digital 3DS prepaid cards?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Lucifer666, Oct 13, 2012.

Oct 13, 2012
  1. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Title pretty much says it.

A while back, there were dozens of websites to purchase 3DS prepaid card codes digitally, the ones I relied on being OffGamers and PCGameSupply. These 2 have been out of stock for several months, which is a huge disappointment, and looking around and searching, I can't seem to find a single site that still offers them digitally.

This is really bad news for someone like me, as the eShop isn't available in my country and, having set the region settings to the United States, does not accept a local credit card. I'm on the verge of ripping my hair out, as it's literally becoming impossible for me to make an eShop purchase.

Do you know of any sites where I can purchase 3DS prepaid cards digitally? Play-Asia is the only site I've found that still has stock of digital codes, but the price for $20 is @28, which is ridiculous. Thanks in advance.

Also what do you think the issue is? Is Nintendo running short of prepaid cards, do you think, or are they simply no longer accepting to sell to international digital on-line stores as it makes eShop purchases available worldwide when it isn't meant to be?

2. vaoger
    This message by vaoger has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Oct 13, 2012
  3. Lurker2

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Maybe they ship internationally or try ebay. http://www.hhgregg.c.../item/3DSCASH20
    I highly recommend Ebay since you can just ask them to send the code to avoid shipping and it can cost less then $20 then.
    Nvm Ebay isn't a good choice

Rasas likes this.
  4. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I've bought two $20 cards from maximuscards.com for $23 each. The codes were sent to my email within two minutes.

5. jairo4

Newcomer jairo4 Member

Peru
    I'm in the same situation... I think I'll try maximus cards some day...

6. elisherer

Member elisherer I ♥ 3DS

Israel
    Code sent after payment:

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames/Nintendo-3DS-Game-Card/

Although out of stock most of the time..

7. emmanu888

Member emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Canada
    Thanks for that link :) They take debit card on that website which means im going to be able to buy my PSN cards online

8. dondiego12

Newcomer dondiego12 Newbie

Philippines
  9. Jiehfeng

Member Jiehfeng The Moon over the Sun

United States

10. dondiego12

Newcomer dondiego12 Newbie

Philippines
    It's 28 dollars for the 20 dollar eshop card, and 58 dollars for the 50 dollar eshop card. It's less ridiculous at this price.

Well, on a revenue standpoint, why the hell are they making eShop purchases unavailable worldwide? :)))

Jiehfeng likes this.
  11. fatcat1413

Member fatcat1413 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Gamestop, 20.00 for the card :)

12. yugix

Member yugix Sleepy

Bahrain
    For the e-shop, you can use Region as "Brazil" and "Federal Districto" or something like this as state.
    They will accept any credit card. I used it so I know it.
    But, I purchased Pokemon Y -> 149.00 Brazilian Real which is more than its prize in US$.

13. Slartibartfast42

Member Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    These are on sale at BestBuy. Maybe I could buy some cards and email you the code? How much do you want to pay for a $50 card?

14. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I was hoping a lot of people would do this, even if selling a $20 eshop card at $20, the seller would make 4 dollars profit out of that, which is better for us than getting at Play-asia. Though at the moment my funds are tied elsewhere, but if there was a kind soul willing to pass us the savings and sell a $50 eshop card at the best buy $40 sale price that wouldn't be bad either, or at $45 too :D

15. Slartibartfast42

Member Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If I was to do this, I would get like $300 worth, so that I can use a $25 statement credit from Amex, and actually get those $50 cards for $36. If I did that, I'd be willing to sell them for $45. How many of you would be in for this? I don't want to get stuck with too many extra cards.

16. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    whooo, ebay dude. I'm sure there'll be plenty interested. I myself participated in the Amazon sale on Playstation Plus, and sold them on ebay at their price just to get rid of my amazon gc's. And there were plenty of buyers!

So, probably post it at the "Want to sell" thread here, and see who is interested.