Where to buy an unpatched Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by GodofLight, Nov 5, 2019.

1. GodofLight
    OP

GodofLight Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I plan to buy a compatible model next month and I want to know on which page I can get it. I only want the screen / console only since I have a Nintendo Switch but it is patched and on top it is in 9.0.1 so it is not even compatible with pegascape.

I know what you want in Amazon I could find, but how can I make sure if they can be unlocked if they don't show the serial.

2. seany1990

seany1990 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    Ship has sailed for brand new unpatched units

3. GodofLight
    OP

GodofLight Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    ???

4. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    your only shot is buying in person to check the serial, or used.

5. joejoemojo

joejoemojo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2019
    Antarctica
    ebay or local buy/sell websites are your only realistic options.

My preference is local, try and find someone online who isn't clued into console hacking (i.e a parent selling their kids old Switch, to buy a Switch Lite for Xmas) and buy relatively cheap. Always make sure to check the serial before purchase, without seeming overly inquisitive and/or desperate (otherwise they'll look it up online and see it's worth more).

6. joejoemojo

joejoemojo Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2019
    Antarctica
    sorry. double post

Last edited by joejoemojo, Nov 5, 2019
  7. GodofLight
    OP

GodofLight Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire

Yes, but I want the console without the joyncons, dock, etc. Only the screen I want and here in my city there is no one to sell a Switch

8. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    Just gotta make sure it's the right box, you want the old box art, look through clearance, sometimes people will return the old ones for a newer one cause battery life n stuff. Your best bet is going in person to stores to look for one

9. emcintosh

emcintosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    eBay seems to have lots of 'tablet only' Switches for much less than the full package with joycons and dock, and they tend to be from electronics repair places and many of them have the repair report including the serial number. Alternatively, maybe half the Switches in CeX &c. seem to be older unpatched ones. You can check the serial number against https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ or https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted