where to buy an iphone?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by DarkRey, Dec 5, 2008.

Dec 5, 2008

where to buy an iphone? by DarkRey at 6:56 PM (1,076 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. DarkRey
    OP

Member DarkRey still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!

Croatia
    can anyone give me a site which sells iphone (2/3 G) for cheap price and available for shipping to the UK?
    less than £ 300
    plz [​IMG]

p.s
    i did search google [​IMG]

2. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    I love my iPhone [​IMG]
    Heres a pic
    [​IMG]

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    eBay... [​IMG]

4. agentgamma

Member agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Antarctica
    You have to watch out for fakes on there.

5. DarkRey
    OP

Croatia
    thats a fake one [​IMG]

6. Captin

Newcomer Captin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Why would you want one? There are cheaper better phones out there. Any windows mobile phone can be made to look like an iphone, but you have benefits like flash for camera, the ability to send MMS, better camera, GPS (and use tomtom).

I have the HTC Trinity (P3600 or Orange SPV M700) and it cost £130 from Orange (not on contract), took 3 minutes to unlock with files from a forum, is about the same size as the iphone and has a touch interface similiar ti iphone. Has a removable battery, memory card slot, plays any music files including MP3's, plays AVI video files, got a built-in GPS and runs TomTom, uses Gpod (make it look like an Ipod for playing music), is 3G and quad band (can be used all over the world) isnt stuck in a stupid contract. Is infinately customosable with skins. Syncs with windows perfectly and I can drag and drop files onto it without using any crappy itunes.

Mine is 3 years old, newer models like the HTC diamond & touch diamond are even better.

The iphone is a good fasion statement, but is not a good phone.

7. DarkRey
    OP

Croatia
    yeah i agree with that but the phone is not for me, is for someone else.
    i have a crappy Lg which soon will be replaced by HTC diamond

8. CyberFish

Member CyberFish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG] I love reading posts like this.

According to you and every other iPhone hater, every phone can do what an iPhone does. Or people dont like the touch screen. Or its a fashion statement. While there might be some yuppys out there that do use gadgets out there like the iPhone as a fashion statement, it can do a whole lot more.

First Ill "touch" on the touch screen interface. While newer HTC phones along with many others do have TC interfaces, they are nowhere near as accurate as the iPhone. You either have a touch screen that you need a stylus for, or a touch screen along with buttons. The only buttons you see on an iphone are the home buttons, lock buttons, and volume buttons on the side. Thats it. Everything else is managed by the touch screen. This phone is the most accurate touch screen I have ever used, and I have used quite a bit. Including the "iPhone killing" HTC touch. Trust me, you want a GOOD touch screen phone, look no further.

Music. Yes, everything plays music now. I can get a free Sony Ericsson that plays music. I had 2 models of those. The W600i, and the W810i. Both played music and had playlists just like the iPhone. However, 2 things. One, navigating was a pain in the ass. Two, it didnt sync to my PC or my car. Thats right. My phone replaced all of my CDs in my car. Last I saw, they dont make HTC compatable headunits. [​IMG] Also, if I wanted more music, I had to buy a bigger micro SD card, hope I dont lose it (ok, thats a bit over the top, but come on. The thing is smaller then my fingernail), and I was limited to 2 gig cards. New phones can go higher, but those bigger cards cost more money. iPhone, you either get 8 or 16 gigs.

Jailbreak an iPhone, and you have a huge library of DLC for you iPhone. From skin customizers (my phone currently has a Vista skin [​IMG] ) to actual programs, to games. I have gotten so bored I went through half of Metal Gear for NES on my phone one day. So to say you cannot customize it is laughable at best. Even non jailbroken iPhones are getting help now VIA the app store from Apple themselves. Quite a few free apps as well.

Didnt mean to go on a rant, but it irks me to no end when people blindly say "iPhone sucks, get X phone." Thats like PSP owners saying DS sucks. No custom firmware, no wifi (even though it does, but Ive seen plenty of people say it.) and go on and on about how the PSP is better. Brand loyalty really hurts good gadgets in this day in age. I am brand loyal to NOTHING, and I have cool stuff because of that.

To end on a funny note, can you tell me where to find a chain big enough to hang my iPhone from my neck?? It is a fashion statement and all. No one can bask in the glory of my phone when it is in my pocket. [​IMG]

9. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    Are the clones any good?

10. CyberFish

Member CyberFish GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The ones I have messed with are nowhere near the power of the real thing.

11. DokiDoki98

Member DokiDoki98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No the clones are bad.

Buy one at the apple store

Or online Here iPhone