Where to buy an Acekard 2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CompC, Jan 30, 2011.

Jan 30, 2011

Where to buy an Acekard 2i? by CompC at 7:25 PM (3,395 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. CompC
    OP

Member CompC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So in the past, I got my first Acekard 2i from DealExtreme, and when that broke, I bought another from ShopTemp, since DealExtreme stopped selling them. Now my friend wants an Acekard, and I don't know where to tell him he should get one. So… where's the best place to get an Acekard 2i now?

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I recommended RealHotStuff.com, I trust them the most and have deals often.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Lightake.com is recommended.

4. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    you're in the US right?

than get it from realhotstuff.com
    you get it in 3 days or less with free shipping

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    In the past RealHotStuff has knowingly sold fake AceKards. When confronted that they were fakes, they lied and called it a 'bad batch', then lied again saying that Team AceKard would be releasing a fix -- which they wouldn't as they weren't real AceKards.

I understand that this was in the past and they most likely aren't still selling fakes, the point is I don't think this is a proper way for a business to act/treat its customers.
    If you think that IS acceptable, by all means buy from them. I just prefer not to do business with scammers.

On the other hand, there are numerous places to shop from, off the top of my head:
    http://www.gamekool.com/freeshipping-aceka...slds-p-184.html -- Bought from them and I would recommend.
    http://www.0shippingzone.com/acekard-2i-pi-319I.html -- Seems 0shippingzone is out of AK2is or something.
    http://www.dscartshop.com/acekard-2i-card-...l-xl_p4243.html -- Haven't bought from them, just heard good things.

There seems to be a lot of "delayed" packages from Lightake and they keep blaming it on the 'Christmas Rush', but that usually only affects packages 2 weeks before and a week or so after Christmas.

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    RealHotStuff or LeetMod for US-based companies. Lightake, 0shippingzone or gamekool for China-based companies.

I really should post my "Should I Get an Acekard" FAQ to stop these threads. Probably later today if I have time.

7. celebi23

Newcomer celebi23 Member

United States
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I recently got a DSiXL (my launch DS' speakers finally died on me & I'm not going to get a 3DS at launch) and have been looking for a place to get an Acekard 2i. With the free shipping option, looks like I'm going with gamekool.

8. CompC
    OP

Member CompC GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Okay, thanks guys! Going with gamekool.

9. Etalon

Member Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Morocco
    Yes.

Today is the first day customers get their money back from Paypal (because they never got anything). And the Lightake page is gone as it happens.

This is the worst-case scenario now, I guess...

10. zelda123456

Newcomer zelda123456 Member

United States

What do you mean money back? paypal is actully refunding? checkout my previous post i left about lighttake'

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=3426367

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=3426344

11. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    0shippingzone is where i got mine.

12. clickmon

Newcomer clickmon Newbie

Canada
    I'm looking into buying a new acekard2i but very weary of purchasing a clone. To reiterate my last post with more detail-- I bought three in January 2010 from 0shippingzone.com and they turned out to be clones. Are there any other reliable sites or has 0shippingzone cleared out their last bad batch (because I really want the free shipping)? Thanks.

13. Etalon

Member Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Morocco
    Yes. You're not the only one with Lightake problems, don't worry.

Open a conflict case on Paypal and Paypal will look into this and refund your money after ~8 weeks.

And if that happens often, Lightake can close it's doors. If they are even open now, nobody knows that.

14. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I bought an authentic acekard 2i from digimartz. I belive they are a chinese based store. Sometimes they offer free shipping (they did when I bought mine) but I just checked now and they are not doing it at this time.

15. airss

Newcomer airss Member

United States
    you can order it at 4CoolDay, they are an official acekard 2i reseller,i got from them 1 year ago.

By the way, plese don't choose the cheapest store, normally, the stores sell the copy ones at cheap price.

16. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Price has nothing to do with anything...
    Some of the cheapest places have really good at ensuring that they sell real cards by checking the insides of one of the cards from each shipment. Some of the most expensive places have sold fakes.