thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only place I can find is bamboogaming, and after shipping and everything, it's $80 USD. I don't have the cash to buy that AND a 3-in-1.
I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me, if not, I'm going to just have to buy a Cyclo. (which is also a good card, but AceKard looks much more promising for my needs)

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the cyclods is around $70 shipped isnt it? and thats w/o a 1gb nand mamory, so i really dont see how you would go with a cyclods over an acekard just because of $10...

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where is it $52 shipped? I think you mis understand, real hot stuff has their cyclos for $53 WITHOUT shipping, then around $60 with shipping. Now, the AK is around $80 but don't forget about the 1g of NAND which is at least worth $15 because it is the fastest most efficient memory for running games, even better than Japan made micro SDs. So, the cyclo will only be $5-$10 cheaper, but as you said before, the AK seems more promising. I think it is worth $5 more, but that is for you to decide.

thejellydude

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where is it $52 shipped? I think you mis understand, real hot stuff has their cyclos for $53 WITHOUT shipping, then around $60 with shipping. Now, the AK is around $80 but don't forget about the 1g of NAND which is at least worth $15 because it is the fastest most efficient memory for running games, even better than Japan made micro SDs. So, the cyclo will only be $5-$10 cheaper, but as you said before, the AK seems more promising. I think it is worth $5 more, but that is for you to decide.

Save5 makes the price ~52 Shipped. I don't need overnight shipping. On top of that, the 1 Gig NAND memory is nice, and one reason I'd like the system, but not one I'm willing to pay an additional $15 for. I'm already getting a 4 Gig. Class 6. As I mentioned, I'd rather have the AceKard, but I'm not willing to pay so much more for it.
So any help would be much appreciated yet again.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, the only other place that I know that sells acekards for low price is PSXboy.com and I don't think they have it in stock. And by low I mean $69. Unfortunately, the acekard is a very high priced cart.

I own the AK and I have no regrets as it is a very cool looking and amazing cart. My only gripe with it is the lack of essential download play games like MPH and MKDS. Other than that, I think shell and hardware quality wise, it kicks the cyclo's ass.

EDIT: Nevermind, checked really quick and PSXBoy doesn't seem to be carrying them anymore...

DBB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is there a US website that sells it? Or a chinese that supports USD? I can't find this card anywhere
frown.gif

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
DBB said:
is there a US website that sells it? Or a chinese that supports USD? I can't find this card anywhere
frown.gif

Why don't you use BamboGaming ? you can pay with Paypal and it will convert it to your local currency.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raisingod said:
DBB said:
frown.gif

Why don't you use BamboGaming ? you can pay with Paypal and it will convert it to your local currency.

They don't accept PayPal.

EDIT: well, they don't support it within the sites integrated payment. I see now that you can manually contact them.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
Raisingod said:
DBB said:
frown.gif

They don't accept PayPal.

They say it is being worked on and should be working (as before) in a week. Until then they will email you the info so you can manually transfer the money thru paypal. A little more inconvenient but you'll still get a receipt and have all the correspondance from them if anything were to go wrong.
I know this all cause I tried to get AK2 yesterday.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gratefulbuddy said:
They say it is being worked on and should be working (as before) in a week. Until then they will email you the info so you can manually transfer the money thru paypal. A little more inconvenient but you'll still get a receipt and have all the correspondance from them if anything were to go wrong.
I know this all cause I tried to get AK2 yesterday.

Yeah, nuts to that. I like having the "protection" PayPal provides. I'm going to cancel my order at BambooGaming.com. I guess I'll wait until RealHotStuff.com gets their AK2 shipment in.

EDIT: nevermind, I see that you said you manually pay them through PayPal. Either way I'm getting cold feet on the RPG. I like the idea of having 1GB of NAND flash on the card but at nearly twice the cost it's tough to swallow.

It has been re-assuring to read info from some of the RPG devs on the board that the AceKard team contacted them to approve their open-source software being included in the AceKard 2's firmware. It makes me think that the 2 is the one to get since it will be fully streamlined with the best of the best.

4playgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is a decent amount of interest, I can bring in the Acekard R.P.G. to North America. Although to be frank, at least from my perspective, there is a very small audience for them. I'm not sure if the Acekard 2 has helped or hinder potential customers of the R.P.G. as it offers so much that the RPG does, at far higher prices.

Is the onboard NAND really that significant to warrant at least 2 times the cost of the Acekard 2 and future budget cards?

AFAIK, there isn't a big enough audience for a North American online retailer to take a stab at these cards. The risks involved, while not great, will pretty much diminish any hopes of profit as flash cartridge prices often fluctuate based on demand. In the case of the R.P.G., while I won't say it would go the way of the dinosaur anytime soon.. Can anybody really suddenly see this selling like mad?

I have my money on the Acekard 2. The local perception on the unit has been good, so it will warrant a large order, especially since it is so cheap.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the acekard rpg is an amazing cart, te problem is most consumers do not need this great of a cart, they just need a simplke thing that plays roms and thats it, and you can get a dstt for $30 for just that

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4playgaming, if you're a NA retailer, and you stock the RPG, then I will definitely buy one.

I like carts with NAND memory. Plus the GUI of this cart is excellent. Also I like the idea of having expandable memory included in the cart. With just my 2gb microsd, that's 3gb of memory altogether. And I'll mostly likely get an sdhc later on.

I've been wanting one of these since they came out. And I HATE buying overseas, so that's why I haven't picked one up yet. But I'm about to give in and just get one from bamboogaming. RHS is who I always buy from, but they already told me they won't carry the RPG.

Let me know if you decide to stock them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: