Hacking Where to buy AceKard?

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DespizingU - I would just go with BambooGaming.com...I had great service (quick responses) from them when I canceled earlier. I checked their site today and their PayPal is now fully integrated so I placed an order for an Acekard R.P.G. I used a credit card to fund my PayPal to add an additional layer of security in case of any problems...but I'm guessing all will be fine.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wanting an Acekard RPG for a while now, it's a very appealing cart. The price kills me though. The big thing that turned me off of the AK2 was it not being open source

sk3tch said:
It has been re-assuring to read info from some of the RPG devs on the board that the AceKard team contacted them to approve their open-source software being included in the AceKard 2's firmware.
Is this true?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, acekard contacted us before using our code in their ak2, and a few of us were even send ak2's before everyone else
biggrin.gif

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Yes, acekard contacted us before using our code in their ak2, and a few of us were even send ak2's before everyone else
biggrin.gif
Cool, that improves my view of the ak2. The main reason I'm holding off on one is the non open-source idea.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
As I've said a few places, I'm doing my best to convince them open source atleast the menu part, the rom loader code can stay closed source to the public, the menu part is the same as the akrpg mostly so it shouldn't really need to be closed source but i can understand wanting to keep the rom loader closed source.

nolefan413

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 for dealextreme. I just received mine in the mail a week ago. Everything is exactly as it should be. The shipping was a little slow by today's standards but considering it is coming from Tokyo, 2.5 weeks isn't all that bad. Total price was USD $23 including shipping. I saved enough to be able to go with an 8GB sdhc card as well. I highly recommend going with the 8GB card.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shipping will always be slow if it's overseas and you're not paying for express. Mine took about a month to arrive from Bamboogaming over in Australia. But that was compounded by problems on my end because I ordered it while on vacation, so I think the actual time was maybe three weeks.

ROM Troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Previous two are in use by relatives. The third one will help me prep and test sdcards for them as I get little time with theirs.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nolefan413 said:
The shipping was a little slow by today's standards but considering it is coming from Tokyo, 2.5 weeks isn't all that bad.
Where did you read that DX ships fro Tokyo? I think they from HK

But i do recommend DX too, I've made plenty of orders and all of them get to Australia within 4-10 business days.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
xinfoman said:
i have extra acekard 2i it works with ds lite and dsi.... it come with acekard 2i(new), 8G micro sd hc class 6 memory card and usb adaptor.

memory card i allready install everything(it is ready to play). i will sell it for $30. anyone want it email me at [email protected].(i don't think i could reply any email after april 20th 2009.

This ain't the place for you to be selling and nobody with an ounce of common sense is gonna buy from someone who says they won't be able to be contacted after a couple of weeks and has a post count of one (I know it says 3 but all 3 are basically the same message in different threads).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    +1
    Thank you
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Hey there! :)