Where to buy a NEW Nintendo DS Lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by PeoplePower, Aug 9, 2013.

1. PeoplePower
    OP

PeoplePower Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2012
    Canada
    So I recently bought a new R4 card for my DS lite since my original R4 died out on me a while ago and then now my DS lite has finally died :( The shoulder buttons are dead and the hinges are totally gone.

Seeing as these are problems in a lot of DS systems I want to buy a new one so that I can having working shoulder buttons for a long time. I would buy a new DSI but i'm not familiar with which card to get and which games work on what card etc. Also the DSLite Colbalt red was the first system I ever bought with my own money so its special to me :P

Anyone know where I can buy a new DS Lite system? That's real and not fake also preferably a NTSC version.

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    They don't make new DS Lites anymore and haven't for quite a while, so you're going to have to search around the secondhand market for a "sealed in box" unit. Expect it to not be cheap compared to used ones.

Also, not really any such thing as an NTSC version, that's a TV standard, handhelds don't use NTSC or PAL, and the DSL is not region locked, so unless you really want a particular color on released in a particular region, they're all the same thing. Well, the charger might be different for EU, but you already have a charger from your old dead DSL.

If you do wind up having to go for DSi, the card to get is a DSTWO, I don't know of any games that don't work on that and if you ever upgrade to a 3DS it's gonna work there too.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Yeah, there aren't any new systems, other than ones people bought years ago and then held in the box to collect or something (and yeah that means a higher price). Plenty of reurbs around though.

4. PeoplePower
    OP

PeoplePower Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2012
    Canada
    Where can I find a good quality refrerb then?

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I don't know offhand, sorry.