Where to buy a K1 GBA SP?

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by DontTurnAround, Jul 8, 2013.

1. DontTurnAround
    OP

DontTurnAround Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    I want to buy two K1 GBA SP's, but the original website says it is under construction, and the construction may affect sales. Also all of the items are out of stock or have negative stock. The only other place I could find one was on Taobao.com and I'm not to eager to buy from there, does anyone know where I can get one?

2. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
  3. DontTurnAround
    OP

DontTurnAround Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    I contacted the website that originally sold the K1 GBA SP's and they said there are no more left in stock.
    As for the link you posted, I would prefer it if there were a cart I could load the ROMs onto as in the K1 GBA, but in the gba you linked to, they're built in. I would be fine with just a regular gba sp and a flash cart like a EZ-Flash IV but I have spent the whole day trying to find one and so far I got nothing.

4. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    Yeah we R all outta Luck with the EZ Flash IV i believe as those R discontinued........

5. DontTurnAround
    OP

DontTurnAround Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    Is there any other flash cart available anymore?

6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    the k-team sold their system on a chip to anyone willing to buy it. a lot of the gba sp sized units you will find on taobao.com will not be official k1 gba sp units. not all buyers paid for the rights to allow firmware updates. not that the k1 gba sp is receiving them any longer, it seems they are not supporting either of their products. the k1 gba sp that can receive updates has a product id number of 00610603. this number can be found in the help menu, so be sure to ask your seller to verify this before making a purchase. you are aware that many users complained about dpad and button issues with the k1 gba sp? the b button on the review unit barely works, it is near impossible to play some games because of the amount of force required to push the button.

-another world

7. DontTurnAround
    OP

DontTurnAround Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2013
    United States
    Thank you, I've instructed my taobao agent to get the product id number from the seller so that I can confirm the device's authenticity. I am aware of the button/d-pad defects, but seeing as my only other option, buying an EZ4, costs $5 more than buying a K1 SP, I think I'll go with the K1 SP unless I can find something better

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter because the only seller of K1-SP's is out of stock. My only option is to buy an EZ4 cart for $51. Can anyone recommend another clone gbasp with a loadable sd card or another flash cart?

8. Darkipod

Darkipod SELL ME GBA FLASH CART

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    Im also bummed about those being out of production, I had wanted one as well. Bummer.

9. Django999

Django999 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2013
    United States
    I will gladly trade my brand new Revo k101 FOR A k1GBA sp if anyone is interested.

10. Darkipod

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    You should probably put a thread on the trade forums, not many people are gonna see this.

11. Django999

Django999 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2013
    United States
    I can't seem to find that...can you direct me?

12. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    not until you have 100 posts unfortunately.

13. Django999

Django999 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2013
    United States
    Ah well that makes sense, anyway someone can direct anyone interested in that trade here?

14. Darkipod

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    There would have to be a thread for it, if i see one ill let them know. :)

15. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV

You may not solicit a sale or trade in this thread either, it's both against the rules and off-topic. If you would like to trade, please participate in site discussions (Don't spam) to get your post count to 100. Seriously, it's easier than most people realize.

16. ZakDendy

ZakDendy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    Southampton
    Any decent clones still kicking round in 2015?

Gotta flashcart with ags001 but would like the brighter screen and the price of the ags101 is too costly here in europe!

17. ruilong

ruilong GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2012
    United States
    No more K1 GBA. Please consider about Revo k101 plus!