Where to buy a Game Boy Micro battery?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Vipera, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Does anybody know? I saw a few online, but I'm afraid they are knockoffs and will last nothing a week after use.

2. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I'd imagine online is the ONLY way you're gonna find one.

3. The_Hulkster

The_Hulkster GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2008
    I'm looking for one as well. Seems like your best bet is eBay... But those are definitely third party.

4. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    I've bought one off eBay. It worked a lot better than the old first party battery that's for sure. Should be around $10 I think.

5. The_Hulkster

Sep 25, 2008
    This persuaded me into buying one.
    Just got one off of eBay for about $10.

Does it just last longer after a charge or in general?

6. Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

Sep 17, 2012
    United States
    Ohio
    I need one of these. The battery I have is very sketchy and likes to turn off randomly when it's not full.
    Specifically happens when I use my M3, because I believe it uses more power because of the onboard RAM.

7. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States

It would last a lot longer, a vast improvement. I couldn't really tell you about the overall longevity of the battery because I sold the micro shortly after.

8. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Aftermarket/Third-party batteries are your best bet. First party ones for sale probably have gone dry at this point, or close to it. Even then, batteries are always a bit of a gamble to buy. They aren't always stored properly or could have been stored without recharge for too long. I'd recommend using a site like Amazon that has a good return policy. That way, if you get a dry one, just return it for another.

9. The_Hulkster

Sep 25, 2008
    Well, I received the battery yesterday and so far it's working pretty well.
    The connector doesn't fit as well as the original but after a bit of gentle pushing it just pops right in there.

Haven't tested it long enough to comment on the playtime longevity but it seems to be all right.
    What I can say is that it charges as a normal GB Micro battery.