Where sould i buy my R4 from?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by EarthBound, Jan 20, 2007.

Jan 20, 2007
  1. EarthBound
    OP

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States
    I ordered a R4 from modchipstore.com,but havent received an email of in kind any days.So im going to cut my losses in try another site.

I'd like a site that uses paypal if possible.So if i do get ripped i can despute it.

2. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    I doubt modchipstore.com just completely ripped you off. I know they're doing bad business lately from what I've read with the stocking of R4, which sucks. I know I'd be pretty pissed if I was in your situation. Nonetheless, if that is the case, you can still dispute it through your CC company. Granted, it takes forever and a day with CC companies. I filed a dispute for something else back in Oct. and just now got my money back about a week ago [​IMG] As far as other places, I hear www.gameyeeeah.com is good. (link)

3. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    realhotstuff.com just got the r4 in stock. ordered the m3 simply 2 weeks ago. came in 3 days. they're reliable and fast.

4. EarthBound
    OP

Member EarthBound a/s/l?

United States

Yup,Im going to wait till Monday to see if they ship it.If not ill take it to my bank.
    My dad knows the branch manager at the Wells-Fargo i bank at.So atleast that sould speed it up the refund i hope.

5. kiruyama

Newcomer kiruyama Advanced Member

United States
    Well I've also ordered from there, and surprise surprise, they hadn't shipped it until yesterday when I ordered from a week ago. But seeing as how you're in Texas as well, I wouldn't go through all the trouble of cancelling and reordering, I'm sure you'll get yours by Wednesday/Thursday.

6. Rabbi Nevins

Member Rabbi Nevins GBAtemp Regular

United States
    bamboogaming.com

7. kirra

Member kirra GBAtemp Regular

United States
    bamboogaming did this to me too. I ordered a week ago and it barely shipped two days ago.

8. nbcz

Newcomer nbcz Member

Canada
    I just ordered my r4 from gamersection.ca on Wednesday and they shipped and sent me a tracking number on the same day.

They have all sorts of contact information on their contact page. So far they seem good and I'm hoping to get my R4 on monday.

9. falcon64z8

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Do you know how much is their shipping?

10. Katalyst

Member Katalyst Johnald Everyperson

United States
    Not sure who you're asking for, but modchipstore.com varies, I paid $6.95 for their DHL ground shipping, still got it next day though. gameyeeeah is $5.50 for their 12-18 day (jesus...) delivery and $20.00 for DHL.

11. Tokas

Member Tokas GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    bamboogaming.com is the thing, man. [​IMG]

12. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    Hey, I live in Dallas, TX & I ordered my R4 from www.GamersSection.ca & they are SLOW as shite too! I ordered mine over a week ago & I still didn't get it yet. They gave me a tracking number but the Canada postal site just displays that they got the package. Nothing about where it is. THIS SUX!!!

13. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    you actually can't beat mod-chip.com
    cheap and fast shipping

14. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    realhotstuff's in New Jersey. 3days Priority USPS to get to Cali [​IMG]

15. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    Yeah. They RULE but they don't sell the R4. They are my choice of store!

Edit: DAMN! Now they sell it!!! They got it a bit late! I would have ordered from them!!! They are HIGHLY recommended. GREAT communication, support, packing & shipping! They are priced about the same as the others. Man, I wish they had the R4 last week! [​IMG]

16. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I ordered three R4 units from RHS. GOt my shipping confirm and they'll go out tomorrow. As always, with every order from them I will have it in one day. Then again, I am in NJ too [​IMG]

Either way, RHS is the way to go. I can't find myself ordering from anybody else anymore. If they don;t carry it, well, I don't buy it. They are extremely reliable.

17. ydnar64

Newcomer ydnar64 Advanced Member

United States
    RHS is the perfer'd place to order. I got mine through modchipstore with no issues. But that was before they sold out. Shipping was accurate and cheap. The only thing that i hated was that they didn't do any order processing during the weekend... i bet everyone would wish best buy would have them in stock. LoL... They do have media max if you look....