wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
iamthemilkman said:
I'm so bored that I found the thread:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=99503

wtf.gif

But yeah, that sucks. I've never had any issues with RHS, however.

sweet. i'll rehost the images on pix.gbatemp.net and edit the post right now =)

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tk_saturn said:
This is the thread Another World was refering to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206800&hl= The thread I got lynched in by certain people lol.

Being fair in that thread I did warn people these Actel clones probably wouldn't work with AKAIO 1.6, which is why I kicked up such a fuss. At the time we were still using 1.5.1.

being that i don't own any of the 2is....

the actel design was hwid 44. then they took out the window in the shell and glued it shut, and give it a new hwid of 81. then they changed the chip to the SST chip but the hwid is still 81?

is that correct?

i have not heard anything about a hwid 80 ak2i. it is hard to get responses that make sense from the official team. specific questions are usually answered with a generic response. i guess they know by now that i like to start shit, lol.

tk_saturn: first they say they are real and they don't want to be accused of selling fakes. then in response to you they say they might not be real but their seller says they are. LOL

what the hell!

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
tk_saturn said:
This is the thread Another World was refering to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206800&hl= The thread I got lynched in by certain people lol.

Being fair in that thread I did warn people these Actel clones probably wouldn't work with AKAIO 1.6, which is why I kicked up such a fuss. At the time we were still using 1.5.1.

being that i don't own any of the 2is....

the actel design was hwid 44. then they took out the window in the shell and glued it shut, and give it a new hwid of 81. then they changed the chip to the SST chip but the hwid is still 81?

is that correct?

i have not heard anything about a hwid 80 ak2i. it is hard to get responses that make sense from the official team. specific questions are usually answered with a generic response. i guess they know by now that i like to start shit, lol.

tk_saturn: first they say they are real and they don't want to be accused of selling fakes. then in response to you they say they might not be real but their seller says they are. LOL

what the hell!

-another world

From what I gather the Ak2i's have always had the SST chips, both the 44's and the 81's. 81's have the new 'blob' chip and no window. Some of the 2i's have SST chips, some don't. There must be a reason they only use SST chips on the 2i's and I would assume it's to do with being able to update the firmware.

The new 2.1's 0SZ have are are identical to the bad batch apart from having the SST chip like they used to, so they could be from the from a working previous batch (like you suggested) or from a fresh production run. The only difference is the flash chip and Acekard does say they use the SST chip for some AK2.1 batches, but also other chips too. So 0SZ could still have a Acekards from a fresh batch, and Acekard may still use the Spansion chip on other batches.

QUOTE said:
AK2 and AK2i both use the chip of “SST” and it’s 48 pins. Some batches of AK2 used other banners of 48 pins chips.

The HW80 RSH refered to are the actel clones which don't run AKAIO 1.6 on a DSi. Some of them don't even work on a DSi at all, nor will they run the firmware update. I believe the reason they work on a DS Lite is because the their HWID 80. I believe AKAIO thinks they Acekard 2.1's and so allows them to run on a DSL, but if they are running on a DSi AKAIO knows they are clones because an Acekard 2.1 won't run on a DSi. The clone makers made a poor choice, if they label these carts as Acekard 2.1's instead of the Acekard 2i, they would have got away with it for some time.

I can't find the references now, but when I was doing posts in that thread I remember finding references that did actually back up some of what RHS said. From what I gather Acekard switched back to '44' Actel's for a very short period when the 1.4 was first released. I've no idea where I found the references. Normmatt should know if that's acutally true or not.

Problem is RHS was saying that that the 80 card were based on this '44' design which was the first to run the 1.4 firmware. They also said everyone else was selling them. Problem we know that is BS, the '80' clones are clones of the Acekard 2.1 and not the Acekard 2i. Because they are clones of the Acekard 2.1 they won't run the firmware update (no SST chip) and they also display Acekard 2 and not Acekard 2i when inserted into a DS Lite. I imagine the Danny phantom is applied to the flash chips before they were soldered into the PCB. The PCB design, shape, layout are different from Acekard 2i's. To me they look more like a R4 PCB, the case was also very different internally.

The team broke up. Some of them left and started using the original Actel design to manufacture Acekard 2i. The ones they produced came with 1.4 pre-loaded.

Why everyone was selling this version instead of the non-Actel version?
At that point, that was the only version worked. The non-Actel version had problem patching for the 1.4.

That's the lie they got caught in. Everything they said they got told by their supplier, and as the supplier was the one selling them the clones it's obvious they would say anything to RHS.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read through that thread and felt bad for RHS. While I see why tk-saturn was putting up a fight, I seriously don't think cart scammers would come to a website to issue a statement and give people refunds.

I've done business with RHS and have loved their service. My carts were all legit and the shipping was insanely fast. I truly believe they got a bad batch and were just trying to make good on their mistake. It's sometimes hard to spot these fakes if you don't know what's all out in the wild. Also, I've had to deal with suppliers in the past that fucked me over. It's not fun. You're right to complain if you get a fake/clone, but I'm glad RHS took action and didn't screw with people.

If I were RHS, I would've issued a statement and an apology, then left it at that.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iamthemilkman said:
I just read through that thread and felt bad for RHS. While I see why tk-saturn was putting up a fight, I seriously don't think cart scammers would come to a website to issue a statement and give people refunds.

I've done business with RHS and have loved their service. My carts were all legit and the shipping was insanely fast. I truly believe they got a bad batch and were just trying to make good on their mistake. It's sometimes hard to spot these fakes if you don't know what's all out in the wild. Also, I've had to dea with suppliers in the past that fucked me over. It's not fun. You're right to complain if you get a fake/clone, but I'm glad RHS took action and didn't screw with people.

If I were RHS, I would've issued a statement and an apology, then left it at that.

I agree with that, there are atleast 2 retailers who have gone silent after they sent someone a clone. No refund, no replacement and no reply to emails. I believe one of them is on the Acekard resellers list.

RHS don't do that, all the people who got clones off them got prompt replacements and they replied to all emails. At the end of the day all of their customers were happy, they either didn't know they got a clone or got replacement and probably then felt very happy with the service they got from RHS. Afterwards there will always be some who remembered RHS sent them a clone, while there will be others who remember RHS replaced their clone.

What bugged me is they continued to sell the clones even though it was clear they were clones. It was just a stupid thing to do, and even worse come on here and post they were doing it. They even posted on here to specifcally email them if it was the non actel you wanted. You then got muppets who told others that these clones were OK because they were apparently made by former members of Acekard, I remember the 'frog' posting that in your HWID thread.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
tk_saturn said:
The new 2.1's 0SZ have are are identical to the bad batch apart from having the SST chip like they used to, so they could be from the from a working previous batch (like you suggested) or from a fresh production run. The only difference is the flash chip and Acekard does say they use the SST chip for some AK2.1 batches, but also other chips too. So 0SZ could still have a Acekards from a fresh batch, and Acekard may still use the Spansion chip on other batches.

the person who supplied the images said the acekard was ordered long before dec 09 and it is running akaio 1.6 rc2 without issue. the images show the same sst chip, but your right, this new lot could be a new run of the card, using the same sst chip, but the problem from the dec 09 run fixed.

no one will ever really know but acekard. i hope the project to document each real and clone acekard with images and hwids will get embraced. the users need a guide of their own.

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know for example you have your 81 images. But If it were If it me i'd ask for more, specifically those brought from different times. There will be several batches of 81's, and I wouldn't be suprised if there were minor differences in the PCB layout.

The photos you have of the 81's could be an early one as it looks like it's been through the wars to me. I'm wondering if the PCB layout of current ones will be more the current 2.1's (1 more capacitor). When you ask for images, I would also ask people to say when they purchased the Acekard in the photos. I've had 2 from 7DayShop(UK), 3 from FocalPrice and 3 from DX. I could tell the 2 from 7DayShop were from a different production run, they had a lower build quality even though all 8 were non actel 81's and brought within 2-3 weeks of each other. The 2 creaked when you squeeze them, the bottom stip under the contacts moves, both had one or 2 sides not glued, one was inserted into the cart at an angle and i'm amazed it works.

For example many of this years batches require the updated firmware update tool to go to 1.4. The first one I had did, but i've no idea about the others as I automatically used the new update on them. Something is different about them although it's obviously something very minor.

hsace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
iamthemilkman said:

I've done business with RHS and have loved their service. My carts were all legit and the shipping was insanely fast. I truly believe they got a bad batch and were just trying to make good on their mistake. It's sometimes hard to spot these fakes if you don't know what's all out in the wild. Also, I've had to dea with suppliers in the past that fucked me over. It's not fun. You're right to complain if you get a fake/clone, but I'm glad RHS took action and didn't screw with people.

I agree with that, there are atleast 2 retailers who have gone silent after they sent someone a clone. No refund, no replacement and no reply to emails. I believe one of them is on the Acekard resellers list.

RHS don't do that, all the people who got clones off them got prompt replacements and they replied to all emails. At the end of the day all of their customers were happy, they either didn't know they got a clone or got replacement and probably then felt very happy with the service they got from RHS. Afterwards there will always be some who remembered RHS sent them a clone, while there will be others who remember RHS replaced their clone.

What bugged me is they continued to sell the clones even though it was clear they were clones. It was just a stupid thing to do, and even worse come on here and post they were doing it. They even posted on here to specifcally email them if it was the non actel you wanted. You then got muppets who told others that these clones were OK because they were apparently made by former members of Acekard, I remember the 'frog' posting that in your HWID thread.

For those who got the clones from rhs had received replacement from them as I heard. Please post here if anyone got refused from rhs to get the replacement. As I recalled the response I got from rhs about the issue. acekard does not sell to oversea resellers directly. They have to get them from the suppliers in China. They got fooled by their supplier and were told they were 100% authentic and that was the reason they started the post to make the statement. They also emailed Acekard to ask about the authentic of the batch, but never got response from them. I'll email them to ask them to make a statement here and see what they have to say.

As I remember you are never a rhs customer. I don't think it is fair for you to make a statement about their customer service if you don't have personal experience with them.

0ShippingZone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.0ShippingZone.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think it is time for us to step up to explain the whole situation.

First of all, realhotstuff did not lie about it. We were the one provided them the information. We are the Acekard supplier for them. When we received the batch (AK2i) from the factory, we did notice the difference. We emailed Acekard to verify if they were real, never got response from them. The factory assured us that those were authentic and that's what we told realhotstuff. We decided to ship those out and informed realhotstuff about the situation. We did have customers experienced the same issue, but not a single one complained here.

When Acekard posted it saying those were clones. We asked the factory again and were told again they were not clones and they told us about the internal problem at Acekard. We told realhotstuff again about what we heard. realhotstuff tried to explained the situation and started a post here based on what we told them. They never expected that drew so much negative feedbacks. Their intension was to keep the customers informed about what they knew. They did not lie or treated their customers bad but we got wrong information.

I feel bad for the whole situation because we were the one who caused the problem. If anyone needs to take the blame, we have to take the blame. If anyone need to apologize for the problem, we are the one should apologize for it. realhotstuff trusted us while we trusted our supplier.

So, I am here to apologize to anyone (including realhotstuff) got into trouble caused by the clone AK2i. realhotstuff is nice enough for not mentioning our name in their posts.

realhotstuff is a fine company based on the experience I have with them. I am hoping to put an end to the whole issue. For those who blamed realhotstuff and accused them for lying, please don't. They did not lie. They made the statement of what we told them. We were the one who got fed with wrong information and we should be the one to take the blame.

If anyone would like to discuss the issue again, please PM me. I rather talk about it in private instead of giving realhotstuff troubles again.

Regarding the 2.1 SAVE issue. realhotstuff did not lie about it either. For whatever reason taking acekard long time to release a new version to fix the SAVE issue. It was not realhotstuff's problem. They simply tried to inform their customers about the situation. Also, we were the one who told them about new version coming out too.

Best regards and hope everyone understand the situation.

Jack at 0shippingzone

ZiyaXiang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same with me. never got a clone from them.

Although i know now that it was never there fault, nor intention to sell anyone clones.

I'm sure it was all just a big misunderstanding.

ZiyaXiang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same with me. never got a clone from them.

Although i know now that it was never there fault, nor intention to sell anyone clones.

I'm sure it was all just a big misunderstanding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1