xboxinoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As the topic says... "Where is Yoshi's island?" - Is it like the island in Lost or something? Why haven't Nintendo released this on the virtual console yet? Are they just holding this back so they haven't given all their old classic games away too soon or is there other factors stopping this from coming out on the virtual console?

Is there any other mega-classic games from ye olde console era also not yet released for which there is no reason?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah, I've been waiting for that one..
or I was waiting, homebrew bet nintendo to it.

maybe they can't emulate the FX chip yet, but I doubt it\

edit-
drkshinigami said:
I think its because its already been released on the NDS.
different game

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's a big title. pretty much all important games have been released on vc now. so they probably want to wait a little longer, and release it when vc sales are poorer

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
modding is no longer needed with the new homebrew developments.
there is an exploit in zelda that allows homebrew to be booted. that way you can install a homebrew channel and use that to launch software, such as emulators

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
Why would you want to play it on your wii.
When you can play it on your computer for free.

Edit:Chrono Trigger has not been released on the VC either.
Chrono Trigger's popularity is mostly because it's not only good but rare.

Yoshi's Island is popular because it's not only good, but almost everyone has played it.

Putting 2 and 2 together, although CT is popular amongst people who use emulators and whatnot, Yoshi's Island is the more popular amongst people who don't.

QUOTE(kedest @ May 28 2008, 12:04 PM) modding is no longer needed with the new homebrew developments.
there is an exploit in zelda that allows homebrew to be booted. that way you can install a homebrew channel and use that to launch software, such as emulators
For the most part I'm splitting hairs, but you'd still have to pay for the game as well if you don't have it.

xboxinoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm aware I could use a SNES emulator but personally I prefer to have half a dozen specific channels of games I really want to play that have nice individual channel banners rather than a SNES emulator whereby I end up putting a whole lot of ROMS on a SD card that in reality I'm never going to play...

So basically, the bottom line to my original question is, there is nothing legally stopping it being from put on Virtual Console... its just Nintendo dicking around.

I guess the wait continues...

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xboxinoz said:
I'm aware I could use a SNES emulator but personally I prefer to have half a dozen specific channels of games I really want to play that have nice individual channel banners rather than a SNES emulator whereby I end up putting a whole lot of ROMS on a SD card that in reality I'm never going to play...

So basically, the bottom line to my original question is, there is nothing legally stopping it being from put on Virtual Console... its just Nintendo dicking around.

I guess the wait continues...
I think it's just them pacing it out to make the VC content last as long as possible. There's still a ton of games still not released yet such as Earthbound and Super Mario Kart. While some expect them to release their catalogue of games within a space of a few days, it just means the VC will be a barren place for new releases for ages.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.
Hack your Wii using an exploit.eh.
I have not heard of this,but am very interested in it.Can someone tell me how to do this.I own LOZ TP.What do I to get the games to my wii and how.Do I use a SD memory card.
Can someone point me to the right direction here.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eternal Myst said:
Hmmm.
I have not heard of this,but am very interested in it.Can someone tell me how to do this.I own LOZ TP.What do I to get the games to my wii and how.Do I use a SD memory card.

This topic has a lot of information: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83479
follow the instructions to get the homebrew channel installer to run. after that, you can use the homebrew channel to easily launch homebrew

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kedest said:
Eternal Myst said:
Hmmm.

This topic has a lot of information: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83479
follow the instructions to get the homebrew channel installer to run. after that, you can use the homebrew channel to easily launch homebrew
Thanks I did!
Playing Super Metroid.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Eternal Myst said:
Why would you want to play it on your wii.
When you can play it on your computer for free.

Edit:Chrono Trigger has not been released on the VC either.
Chrono Trigger's popularity is mostly because it's not only good but rare.

Yoshi's Island is popular because it's not only good, but almost everyone has played it.

Putting 2 and 2 together, although CT is popular amongst people who use emulators and whatnot, Yoshi's Island is the more popular amongst people who don't.

QUOTE(kedest @ May 28 2008, 12:04 PM) modding is no longer needed with the new homebrew developments.
For the most part I'm splitting hairs, but you'd still have to pay for the game as well if you don't have it.

No you don't. You download the .wad file from the internet and install it to the Wii. It's actually faster than downloading the files from the WiiShop and you can also get injected games like Chrono Trigger. They look and play just like normal VC games, but aren't available for download from the WiiShop. Even N64 games have been Injected do you can play that old Super Smash Bros. game.

You should use the search button. We even cracked the new WiiWare games to run in any region.

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think he meant LEGALLY... Downloading those games is illegal, unless you buy them from the shop or you have an original cartridge ...

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Or you could just rent the game. A few bucks at best. And also, I would never play any snes game with that shitty dpad on the 360 controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM