Hacking Where is the Wii' serial number kept on the Wii?

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone that says "look at the Wii's sticker on the Wii" will get shot.

I know the Wii Backup Disc v1.31 disc does show the actual Wii's serial number. My PAL Chipped Wii's supposed Serial Number was different to the one the Backup Disc showed and it was that one that allowed me to format the Shop Channel and fix the error that comes up.

Now the Wii Backup Disc v1.31 only works if you have a chipped Wii and using firmware 3.2X (I had to downgrade).

Now I have another PAL Wii, not chipped and has the 3.2U firmware on with the homebrew channel. The only problem is, I can only use the UK Shop Channel and it says the Serial number on the stick I enter is incorrect when I try to format the Shop Channel (the hell?). I need to format so I can use the US Shop Channel.

I tried loading the Backup Disc with the backup Loader to obtain the correct Serial number but that failed.
frown.gif
Hoping this new gamma loader might fix the problem.

The easiest solution would be to chip the Wii but I don't really want to do that. If anyone knows where the Serial number is stored on the Wii, perhaps a quick homebrew tool could be made to display the correct Serial code.

UrkeytaY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been quite a while and I don't think I even have the box anymore, but try looking around on the box the Wii came in.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
did you try the shop update ... safe 3.3 update thing ?

I don't think that will fix the problem. The update itself does not change anything to do with the 'Wii Shop Channel Account'. Worth a shot know.

EDIT: The file in your sig?

QUOTE(UrkeytaY @ Nov 10 2008, 11:43 PM) It's been quite a while and I don't think I even have the box anymore, but try looking around on the box the Wii came in.

It's second hand so it came with no box.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
RadioShadow said:
The easiest solution would be to chip the Wii but I don't really want to do that.
The easiest solution would be to put the chipped drive in this wii for 2mins, run the backup disc to get the serial and then put the chipped drive back in the original wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol