Hacking Where is the thread about CFW running Xenoblade on o3DS with lower clock

gbadl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
About a week ago I think it was here that had a thread about running Xenoblade on an o3ds using a CFW to force it run at a lower clock. The user was getting half speed of 15fps, I was looking for more information about what was in the thread. I was thinking of maybe downsampling graphics to get better frame rates, like a low res version running on a o3DS but I am not sure how they got it running. Am I on the right forum?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a week ago I think it was here that had a thread about running Xenoblade on an o3ds using a CFW to force it run at a lower clock. The user was getting half speed of 15fps, I was looking for more information about what was in the thread. I was thinking of maybe downsampling graphics to get better frame rates, like a low res version running on a o3DS but I am not sure how they got it running. Am I on the right forum?
Thats sounds like someone launched the card through HBL using HANS.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not sure about the o3ds, i know with the n3ds you can use ntr and force run xenoblade at the lowest clock speed.
Very low fps as you mentioned.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was done as an experiment to see how unplayable it would have been had Nintendo not made it n3ds exclusive.

I see...

Back to OP, downsampling graphics to make it like a low res version that runs in the o3ds wouldn't be worth the effort put into it, the game looks like shit in the N3DS already even cutscenes look extremely blurry and crappy to begin with, textures even worse...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I see...

Back to OP, downsampling graphics to make it like a low res version that runs in the o3ds wouldn't be worth the effort put into it, the game looks like shit in the N3DS already even cutscenes look extremely blurry and crappy to begin with, textures even worse...
Not to mention, the main issue with the game seems to be the high render distance, and all the models/textures that have to be rendered (grass etc), so by removing a lot of those unnecessary models, the game might run a lot faster, but it would look kinda crappy.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
D

Deleted-19228

And unless they figured out how to emulate the CPP it would be pointless anyway since you have no camera control.

gbadl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well down sampling textures to make the file sizes smaller has been done in the past to improve game that had bad frame rates. An example I remember was morrowind on the original xbox, a mod of the game texture files was done to make them smaller and run faster on the limited capabilities of the xbox at the time. As for the camera, maybe a mod to hold down a button and use the dpad to move the camera or something.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well down sampling textures to make the file sizes smaller has been done in the past to improve game that had bad frame rates. An example I remember was morrowind on the original xbox, a mod of the game texture files was done to make them smaller and run faster on the limited capabilities of the xbox at the time. As for the camera, maybe a mod to hold down a button and use the dpad to move the camera or something.
Imagine if someone did a port of Morrowind to 3DS!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol