Where is the best place to buy retro consoles?

Fluganox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I was young I've owned and kept all of the Nintendo home/handheld consoles, from the N64/Gameboy onwards. However I've also always loved the classics, I do use Emulators to play NES/SNES/MegaDrive games etc, but I'd love to own the actual consoles.

So, where is the best place to purchase new/used retro consoles? I've tried Ebay for a while now, but the prices are ridiculous, or the products are in poor condition :/ I was hoping there may be some dedicated websites or something which are selling?

Thanks in advance :)

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flea markets are amazing for this. I've picked up an N64, a Dreamcast, and a PS2 from various flea markets within the last month. If you go to a decently large one, you'll almost definitely find someone selling video games, but you have a 50/50 chance of finding a vendor that massively overcharges for their stuff.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The swapmeet is probably your best bet if you got any around. I got like a Dreamcast with 4 controllers, 2 VMUs, a light gun and 10 games for like 40 dollars. I also was able to get 2 PS1s with 5 games and 2 controllers for 20 dollars. I don't know anywhere else you can get a deal like that.

If you're looking to buy online then eBay was pretty much your only ticket, but you can probably look around forums and hope you can find something. If that doesn't work out you can always find some people selling their old consoles on craigslist for pocket change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all