Where is the best place to buy a 1.4.5 (DSi) kart?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by spaggy, Apr 2, 2013.

1. spaggy
    OP

Newcomer spaggy Newbie

United Kingdom
    Preferably an R4i Gold or a Supercard DSTWO (or whatever they are called, assuming they support 1.4.5)

I checked official dealers and found

Safe?

:C

EDIT:
    Could someone, from use just tell me which I should buy? Everyone seems to love the wood kernel so I would go for the card that supports that but apparently the DSTWO card is much better. Is it worth getting the R4 for wood, or should I get the DSTWO?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  3. spaggy
    OP

Newcomer spaggy Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok, so I guess I should just go for DSTwo then? (money isnt a problem)

thanks

4. Rydian

United States
    As far as continuing to work on newer DSi/3DS firmwares, the DSTwo is the only cart that's never needed a new hardware revision to update, and is the only suggested cart with a secondary update mechanic.

5. spaggy
    OP

Newcomer spaggy Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok thanks, last question, does only the in-house firmware work on the Two?

6. Rydian

United States
    No, you can run other software... but most ROM-loading software is programmed specifically to be cart-specific. Otherwise one person would spend all their time making ROM-loading software and updating it to load new ROMs, then other teams could just make a cart that uses that software much cheaper.

Of the open softwares that are still being updated, only YSMenu with the RGF fixes are, but those are worse than using the original software for loading ROMs.

If you want to skin or change the UI of course there's options, but that's something different than changing the underlying software being run which is why it's an afterthought to this post.

spaggy likes this.
  7. tobiasoO
    This message by tobiasoO has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Apr 4, 2013