Where is the best place online to learn some C++?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Kaphis, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Kaphis
    OP

Member Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    About to get back into school from my co-op term. Need to refresh my memory on C++ (and refresh basically mean learn again since I got like 57% the first time around). I don't need to retake the course but it is a pre-req for another course meaning I would be expected to how know to program in C++/C ...any online site that people have used that is really good?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I am not much of a C? programmer (for some reason I went with ASM) but I quite liked http://www.cprogramming.com/ as a crash course from a partway knowledgeable background)

When returning to programming I and a many friends have found that if you make sure you have data manipulation (writing a hash generator or some basic (de)compression routines (either your own or a common routine: LZ, RLE etc) is a good one), file i/o stuff (open, alter, save sort of thing) and some basic mathematical/boolean logic stuff (include a GUI should you need to do that sort of thing and maybe link it with the previous two) all on lock then anything that comes your way should be doable.

Taking someone elses simple app or a section thereof and doing it your own way (or simply optimising it if you do not have time) makes for a resonable practise session as well.

3. pacha69

Member pacha69 GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    www.cplusplus.com. great site, great tutorials.....

of course you have to learn while practicing, if you don't do that it will never enter [​IMG]

4. Kaphis
    OP

Member Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thanks guys! I will take a look at that right away [​IMG]

keep them coming if people have more ^^

5. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Those are the two that I have used.