Hacking Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

When will SX OS 7.0.0 support come?

• June 15th

Votes: 92 18.4%
  • Never

Votes: 57 11.4%
  • Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

Votes: 142 28.5%
  • Right after Atmosphere

Votes: 124 24.8%
  • With Bacon and Cheese

Votes: 84 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have homebrew file .nsp but do not install and use anything in homebrew, does it means sysnand clean?
Here's the better question. Have you, at any point in time, run software that you did not receive from Nintendo directly on your SysNAND? In other words, has all your hacking taken place on the EmuNAND? In my case, that part is true, and why I simply use system update directly.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They know and we know that SX OS builds on Atmosphere, and if Atmosphere works on 7.0.1 it's no surprise that any eventual SX OS with 7.0 support will also run on 7.0.1, simply because atmosphere does
That’s where the rub lies though. Atmosphere runs on 7.0.1 because they signed the sept binary with Nintendo’s key. The method to recover said key is not public, and said binary has a nice splash screen. TX can’t change anything about that binary without invalidating the signature, so until they get the 7.0.x keys, they can’t use it.

Edit: Nevermind, misunderstood the point you were making.

D

Deleted User

@wurstpistole

TX doesn't have the technical know-how to explode the TSEC on its own - unless the atmo-devs disclose their TSEC exploits.

For TX, the only option is to fork the sept module into their CFW to get it to run on 7.0.x. Atmosphere's sept module, by the way, has an Atmosphere brand that cannot be removed.

Last edited by ,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@wurstpistole

TX doesn't have the technical know-how to explode the TSEC on its own - unless the atmo-devs disclose their TSEC exploits.

For TX, the only option is to fork the sept module into their CFW to get it to run on 7.0.x. Atmosphere's sept module, by the way, has an Atmosphere brand that cannot be removed.
I know. Imo they should just swallow their pride and include the sept.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know. Imo they should just swallow their pride and include the sept.

with all the stick Tx got for stealing other peoples code if they had any pride its long gone, also they are pirates they don't give a $%%£, so why haven't they already done this ? . There must be a reason, maybe they are working on their own way :unsure:

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
with all the stick Tx got for stealing other peoples code if they had any pride its long gone, also they are pirates they don't give a $%%£, so why haven't they already done this ? . There must be a reason, maybe they are working on their own way :unsure:
or maybe they were too busy with other money making projects like the recent Stargate NX ?? :)

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They fucked themselves. If he admitted from the beginning that it used atm code, today would be easy to just use sept. He took another road and said it was original work, so now if he admitted that, noobs wont belive him anymore.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They fucked themselves. If he admitted from the beginning that it used atm code, today would be easy to just use sept.

As SX OS is illegal under the DMCA and EUCD laws (plus similar laws in other countries) then TX saying they used atmosphere code would implicate atmosphere devs.

nch93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Here's the better question. Have you, at any point in time, run software that you did not receive from Nintendo directly on your SysNAND? In other words, has all your hacking taken place on the EmuNAND? In my case, that part is true, and why I simply use system update directly.
That's clear question. No i have not. All of software are running in emunand. I have 2 sysnand back up, one 7.0.0 before i downgrade to 6.2 and the other is 6.2 after downgrade. Which one should i keep?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know TX takes a lot of "inspiration" from Atmosphere and its developers, but its been quite a while now since Nintendo dropped the 7.0.0 update and we haven't seen anything at all regarding SXOS being even near to support it... last thing we got was a "hot fix" to make EmuNAND 6.2 great again.

What are they doing? Wen will they drop the next update? Do we have to wait for Atmosphere to be done and add support for 7.0.0 in order to get it for SX OS?

When do you think the next update will drop?​
got to love the TX takes inspiration.

remind yourself, who was it that first found and released the exploit......

you do realise that sx is completely different to atmos, and it provides features that atmos doesnt.

you do know things arent as simple as, fuck it lets slap this in and fuck it release it.

it has to be tested to ensure it doesnt break its existing features.

also its funny that all the idiots are bitching because they lack the common sense to follow rule number one FOR ALL EXPLOITS/CONSOLES.

never perform a firmware update, if you still fail to grasp updates are to serve one main purpose to increase the console security.... thus blocking exploits.

so if you still fail to get it, and youve update, maybe you sit in the dark corner facing the wall and shut up bitching, because you updated thats your problem.

there is no valid reason to update to 7.0, so the question we should have the poll is

why do you ignore the common warning to not update:
1) im stupid and ignored the warning
2) ive not updated but i want to bitch regardless
3) im retarded and updated for no valid reason

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Tilde88 and Reecey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users