Hacking Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

When will SX OS 7.0.0 support come?

• June 15th

Votes: 92 18.4%
  • Never

Votes: 57 11.4%
  • Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

Votes: 142 28.5%
  • Right after Atmosphere

Votes: 124 24.8%
  • With Bacon and Cheese

Votes: 84 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They're not going to use Scires' splash screened Sept, so...

I mean they could but then it'd sort of betray the game, "We're using free software, here it is, to give you free shit at a premium." Hell of a business tagline.

you know even if they did use the sept ''boot'', they still offer MORE functionality than what is in the other CFWs, so I don't think users would really care less. There are a lot of businesses who have taken an existing idea, enhanced it and then made money from it.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
you know even if they did use the sept ''boot'', they still offer MORE functionality than what is in the other CFWs, so I don't think users would really care less. There are a lot of businesses who have taken an existing idea, enhanced it and then made money from it.
Apple? ha!

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX can't steal everything to get 7.x up and running. They still have to make sure their own features stay intact, namely the ones other CFW's don't have. Emunand, XCI loading, etc. People be acting like they're failing at cloning atmosphere. Hecks'naw dog, hecks'naw. TX ride till you die. :gun:
187 on TX
Reinx, we dont die just multiply
:)

Reactions: stephrk398
D

Deleted User

sxos literally brings nothing to the table anymore.. sorry you got scammed out of $30 for something you could have gotten for free~

Reactions: Deleted User

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sxos literally brings nothing to the table anymore.. sorry you got scammed out of $30 for something you could have gotten for free~

Your key word potentially being ANY MORE - when I bought my licence (back in JUNE 2018) there simply wasn't the ability to easily play backups like there was with SX OS.

Still, 9 months AFTER I bought the SX OS licence, none of the free CFWs offer the following (otherwise I would have sold my unused licence and used one of the free CFW offerings):

emuNAND support
USB HDD support
XCI loading
a better cheat system in place.

To be brutally honest - I had not even USED my SX OS licence since I bought it back in June 2018. I've had a firmware 3.0.2 switch sitting in the cupboard waiting as a birthday present for myself. I only THIS PAST WEEK did my NAND backup, then installed SX OS, created emuNAND and then updated the emuNAND to 6.2. My daughter is currently playing the switch (yeah, happens with all presents for Dad).

Do I feel ripped off of the $30 I spent on the SX OS licence nearly a year ago? Not at all - as just in a couple of days I feel I've more than gotten my moneys worth out of it.

To me it STILL seems that there are more people salty who can't spend or won't spend the $30 (the cost of a cheap 64GB SD card a year ago) to get the ease of use and features that SX OS users have been enjoying for the past 9 months.

$30 to me is an hour's wages after tax is taken out, I feel nowhere near scammed. I realise for American resident $30 may potentially be an entire day's wages.

But maybe that is why there are so many USA, South American, Greek, Italian, Spanish and Portugese SX OS haters - they cannot easily afford it.

Last edited by gizmomelb,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They aren't just taking ideas, they are taking GPL'd code. And for whatever reason have done everything to hide that fact up until now. Maybe they don't have to hide what they are doing but its clearly important to them for some reason. At a minimum I don't see them giving up the game until 7.X required games come out.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They aren't just taking ideas, they are taking GPL'd code. And for whatever reason have done everything to hide that fact up until now. Maybe they don't have to hide what they are doing but its clearly important to them for some reason. At a minimum I don't see them giving up the game until 7.X required games come out.

Who knows, maybe TX not releasing SX OS with 7.x support is because they're waiting to see what Nintendo's response is to when someone successfully gets 7.x cracking right and reliably can install games (a lot of the installers have issues at the moment).

Nintendo then drop another patch fixing the ''sept'' vulnerability (lets call it firmware 8.0), so then TX release their solution for the firmware 8.0 :lol:

This forum is so rife with conspiracy theories - maybe this one is as true as all the others?!! :rolleyes:

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Let's be real, 99% of the people who claim to be using such features for backup purposes only are lying through their teeth. It's always been a wink, nudge type of thing.

I didn't say what they we're being used for did I now?

I wait the functionality was. You said it was for piracy which is factually wrong.

Stargatenx is for piracy. Backup lowering doesn't need to be for that. Hence why you're not paying for piracy.

You're paying for the functionality to load xci backups.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
We're so focused on 7.0.x support that we completely forgot about the poor ones with ipatched units..
In the past tx claimed they are working on it and I don't see any progress on this matter.
As time goes by, the scenario gets darker.
And someday we get a new Switch slim with no known useful exploit.

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your key word potentially being ANY MORE - when I bought my licence (back in JUNE 2018) there simply wasn't the ability to easily play backups like there was with SX OS.

Still, 9 months AFTER I bought the SX OS licence, none of the free CFWs offer the following (otherwise I would have sold my unused licence and used one of the free CFW offerings):

emuNAND support
USB HDD support
XCI loading
a better cheat system in place.

To be brutally honest - I had not even USED my SX OS licence since I bought it back in June 2018. I've had a firmware 3.0.2 switch sitting in the cupboard waiting as a birthday present for myself. I only THIS PAST WEEK did my NAND backup, then installed SX OS, created emuNAND and then updated the emuNAND to 6.2. My daughter is currently playing the switch (yeah, happens with all presents for Dad).

Do I feel ripped off of the $30 I spent on the SX OS licence nearly a year ago? Not at all - as just in a couple of days I feel I've more than gotten my moneys worth out of it.

To me it STILL seems that there are more people salty who can't spend or won't spend the $30 (the cost of a cheap 64GB SD card a year ago) to get the ease of use and features that SX OS users have been enjoying for the past 9 months.

$30 to me is an hour's wages after tax is taken out, I feel nowhere near scammed. I realise for American resident $30 may potentially be an entire day's wages.

But maybe that is why there are so many USA, South American, Greek, Italian, Spanish and Portugese SX OS haters - they cannot easily afford it.

Quite honestly, I doubt someone like you could earn $30 an hour.
Also most of the countries you listed have same or better average income than Australia.
Man these SX users sure are on fire here...

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the SXOS license, don't care about emunand or XCI loading - only for one thing: USB support. I don't use USB drive to load XCI games like most people, I transferred NSPs to my USB stick and plug it into the Switch to install. It's the most convenient way to add games to the Switch. If there's a way for free CFW to do that I will drop SXOS right away.

Reactions: tbb043
D

Deleted User

aye.. if you've never had access to something you never realise how useful it actually is. I expect Amazonian tribes people feel the same way about electricity.
That usb loading really gets you far in portable mode huh? sorry you got swindled into paying for freeware~

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
We're so focused on 7.0.x support that we completely forgot about the poor ones with ipatched units..
In the past tx claimed they are working on it and I don't see any progress on this matter.
As time goes by, the scenario gets darker.
And someday we get a new Switch slim with no known useful exploit.

It's only been 7 months with no word, calm down

D

Deleted User

Who knows, maybe TX not releasing SX OS with 7.x support is because they're waiting to see what Nintendo's response is to when someone successfully gets 7.x cracking right and reliably can install games (a lot of the installers have issues at the moment).

Nintendo then drop another patch fixing the ''sept'' vulnerability (lets call it firmware 8.0), so then TX release their solution for the firmware 8.0 :lol:

This forum is so rife with conspiracy theories - maybe this one is as true as all the others?!! :rolleyes:
tinfoil works fine on 7.0.1.. there are no excuses for TX..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended