Hacking Where i can buy a Cobra Black Fin dongle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have already installed games with henkaku and i know this device sucks but it could be useful as a micro sd card adapter

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure everyone dropped them like a brick minutes after pirated games could be launched on Henkaku. AFAIK Cobra also "died", their website is dead for all their products. No "popular" mod shops have them, and even "shady" one's don't.

Your best bet is to try contacting people who reviewed the thing, see if they're willing to sell theirs.

Reactions: Rizzorules
D

Deleted-355425

yah but the guy wanted a link so i posted one, ive used that site before too, its legit.

Reactions: Byokugen

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just buy a motherboard and swap it, it takes 10 minutes and it only costs about $30
slim boards cost about $85 for 3.60 or lower. phat models cost $35-$50 depending on seller. besides, op already stated they're using henkaku and want to use black fin as a micro sd adapter. did you even read the thread/replies?

Reactions: Rizzorules

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
So the main tech guy behind Cobra just leaked the second part of his CobraBlackFin files via Wololo

You can find that here:http://wololo.net/2017/10/21/vita-reverse-engineering-leak-cobra-blackfin-part-2/

However, the most relevant part of the article was this:

"My final announcement is for everyone who is hoping that these releases will somehow unlock 3.61+ firmwares. I do not think that to be the case, however, with the work of motoharu and others in the community, the entire authentication algorithm could soon be reverse engineered and game backups running on the latest firmware should be possible. This release would cut down a huge amount of time in setting up the foundation for the software controlling a potential open source device that would work similarly to the BlackFin device but without the P2P aspect of it."

So basically what i took from above is that whilst the information leaked via the article today wont help unlock 3.61+. It is possible to have game backups running on firmware's above 3.60! Which in my opinion is great news and hopefully will be the next step on the Vita Scene.

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So the main tech guy behind Cobra just leaked the second part of his CobraBlackFin files via Wololo

You can find that here:http://wololo.net/2017/10/21/vita-reverse-engineering-leak-cobra-blackfin-part-2/

However, the most relevant part of the article was this:

"My final announcement is for everyone who is hoping that these releases will somehow unlock 3.61+ firmwares. I do not think that to be the case, however, with the work of motoharu and others in the community, the entire authentication algorithm could soon be reverse engineered and game backups running on the latest firmware should be possible. This release would cut down a huge amount of time in setting up the foundation for the software controlling a potential open source device that would work similarly to the BlackFin device but without the P2P aspect of it."

So basically what i took from above is that whilst the information leaked via the article today wont help unlock 3.61+. It is possible to have game backups running on firmware's above 3.60! Which in my opinion is great news and hopefully will be the next step on the Vita Scene.
Oh we knew this. But that whole article is BS. First thing was to bash Yifan?
And only way to play backups(3.60+) is to modify eboot, which has is encrypt by a lvl3 encryption. And man it's weird

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Oh we knew this. But that whole article is BS. First thing was to bash Yifan?
And only way to play backups(3.60+) is to modify eboot, which has is encrypt by a lvl3 encryption. And man it's weird
To be fair, Yifan started it. You can't expect someone to just not respond when someone starts bashing your work and making fun of you for not getting paid, just "cuz piracy" :shrug:

As to the second release, still neat.

I'm gonna close this thread, since we have another thread talking about the reverse engineering here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/vita-reverse-engineering-leak-cobra-blackfin-–-part-1.483884/

Feel free to quote your posts from here and post them in that thread, if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs