Hacking Where have all the injected wads gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdub154420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's my first post on this site and its a little of a controversial one, it's about injected wads: the files of games that aren't available on the Wii shop channel that can be installed as a channel onto your homescreen.

I just discovered these existed and I really am interested in finding injected .wads of some of the more obscure snes games. Doing my research I found that you can inject roms yourself into wads, but with a very if-y success rate, and that seems like a lot of work anyway. But also there was a huge surge of nicely prepared injected wads everywhere on the internet in 2009, but all of there mediafire shares have of course been deleted since then. I understand that the obtaining and installation of injected wads is not something you can legally justify like "back up" wbfs files...(kinda a lot less worse if you ask me) so it hasn't exactly been an acceptable topic of discussion. But nevertheless I'm scouring the internets for the cool injected wads wondering if anybody can give me a nod in the right direction.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People don't bother because you can just use a homebrew emulator for considerably less effort and much higher success rate. Plus they're illegal to redistribute.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There doesn't appear to be any reason for injected WADs anymore. Even an injected N64 game like Ocarina of Time: Master Quest injected into an Ocarina of Time WAD appears to have more issues than if one were to just run Master Quest using an emulator. Save yourself some trouble and play around with the emulators available for the Wii.

Also, I recommend you read the forum rules, particularly the part about redistributing copyrighted material.

Reactions: 1 person

tdub154420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There doesn't appear to be any reason for injected WADs anymore. Even an injected N64 game like Ocarina of Time: Master Quest injected into an Ocarina of Time WAD appears to have more issues than if one were to just run Master Quest using an emulator. Save yourself some trouble and play around with the emulators available for the Wii.

Also, I recommend you read the forum rules, particularly the part about redistributing copyrighted material.

The only reason WAD's appeal to me is because of ease of access. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I'm much more likely to play a game when it's straight on the Wii homescreen. I don't know why. I have the emulator and I find myself not wanting to scroll through folders and lists. I can't explain it.

But I understand that wad talk is quite a no-no as every other forum I've looked at has been locked or had members flaming to ban the OP. And I really just don't get it. WAD's are the same as roms and isos if you ask me, as far as the intentions of the majority of people who use them. The only difference is justification. You can justify roms or isos, but we all know that so many of those justifications are B.S.

I think obtaining the USB loader is soooooo much more illegal than the WAD manager or even installing wad's. But I understand that there technically is no way to legally equivocate the obtaining of a wad. Whatevs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol