Hacking Where Flashers/Loaders and Boot Screen

HighMans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where does one get a Flasher or a Loader for the GBA SP? Also, can you change the Boot Screen/Logo to something you choose?

HighMans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok I thought you could, otherwise that'd be kinda cool... But, now where can you get a flash cart or a linker?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot change the "Game Boy" bootup screen, as that's written into the BIOS.

The most accessible cart nowadays would be the EZ-Flash IV. Look around the GBA forums to find out where you can still buy them. 0ShippingZone might still sell them.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
according to a post i recently read, the owner of real hot stuff passed away. the staff who are now in charge are going to take down 0shippingzone. at this point i do not think you can order from that site any longer.

Realhotstuff.com will be migrated to a different cart (it will look exactly like realhotstuff.hk). We believe it will be more user-friendly and secure. All customer accounts will be migrated. For anyone trying to get on our site the past week or so, our server has been having multiple issues causing our site to be inaccessible. We are working very hard to resume our fast service. Please bear with us if you are still waiting for your order. Email us with any questions or problems.

0shippingzone.com will no longer be running. We recommend realhotstuff.hk.

-another world

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You cannot change the "Game Boy" bootup screen, as that's written into the BIOS.

The most accessible cart nowadays would be the EZ-Flash IV. Look around the GBA forums to find out where you can still buy them. 0ShippingZone might still sell them.
The EZ-Flash IV is also one of the best GBA carts. It supports cheats, it plays all games to my knowledge, and without lag, unlike such cards as Supercard which always had a lag problem with GBA games as a result of lacking the dedicated flash memory for GBA games. It also has a DS-mode GUI you can use by using the NoPass functionality of most slot-1 carts, which is more user friendly than the GBA-mode one. And you can get both a GBA-cart sized and a DS lite-sized version. M3 is also a good choice if you can find it. G6 I don't believe had a GBA flashcart that accepted memory cards, but I may be wrong.

In order to change the boot logo of the flash cart you'd probably have to edit the update ROM. There may be guides or apps for that for some of the carts, but don't count on it. Otherwise, all of those flashcarts are skinnable to my knowledge.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it plays all games to my knowledge, and without lag, unlike such cards as Supercard which always had a lag problem with GBA games as a result of lacking the dedicated flash memory for GBA games.
Both the Supercard and EZ-IV have RAM that they copy the games into before launching them; the Supercard's is just cheaper and slower, which causes the slowdowns. The games would not run directly from the SD card on any flash cart. The EZ-IV also has 32 MB of NOR flash for playing games larger than 16 MB, which is very slow to write to but very quick to read from, and it's that response time that the GBA requires.

Most of my info here comes from this page: http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/index.php?title=SupercardGBASlowdowns

HighMans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a EZFlash IV from someone and it should be coming soon. Curiously, if the battery is dead, how do I change it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major browser
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My left eyes hitting random pain for whatever reason allergy cold bring it on
    Dont know why FF is slower on my pc either. Tried all the "speed up firefox" tricks but notta.
    In good news... I get to pick up my kittys ashes today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be a ram stick failing
    Im going right when they open at 8am. Been waiting 2 weeks to get her back
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Im going right when they open at 8am. Been waiting 2 weeks to get her back