Where exactly do I install the 4pin port for nand backups?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by redzero36, Mar 30, 2016.

1. redzero36
    OP

redzero36 Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2010
    United States
    I recently downgraded my N3DS and made nand backups. I bought a microusb port to install but several people insisted to not use usb so I'm currently looking on amazon to buy a different port and cable. I feel like I know where to solder the points to, just need to know where and how to install the port. I looked around and saw some install them on the back of the N3DS behind the back cover. Is there a guide that shows where to install them and how do I make the cut on the back?

2. milerwan

milerwan Seasoned technician

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    Personally, I advocate for micro USB installation connector easier to fix and more convenient... provided to choose the right connector of course.
    You will find diagrams of installation in my signature and all necessary parts are listed too.

It only remains you to do the job.

Last edited by milerwan, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Ironknight

Ironknight GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2016
    Gambia, The
    But peple who dont know it isnt stock could plug it in to a power source to charge the 3DS and accidentally fry the NAND permanently.

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Not if you do a real microusb hardmod (with a microsd card reader and 2 dip switches to disconnect clk/cmd)! :)
    Then the problem becomes fitting it in the case lol