where does EZ3 store game saves?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by akbar_k, Aug 7, 2007.

Aug 7, 2007
  1. akbar_k
    OP

Newcomer akbar_k Newbie

I have the EZ3 2Gb from Jandaman. After formatting both portions of the card, the game I copy still recognizes exactly where I am. There are no saver files. How is this information kept on the cart, and is there a way to access it? I would like to backup this information apart from other things like resetting it when giving it to a friend.

Thank you.

2. akbar_k
    OP

Newcomer akbar_k Newbie

Copied a few games to the NOR now, and the games don't remember the state. How does this all work? Thanks

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The EZ3 has a bank 2Mbit in size of SRAM which is used to save to.
    The EZ3 then takes this save and writes it to the NAND on reboot, accessing it (which I guess now does not exist) may be a bit difficult, EZManger does not have the option but EZClient might have it.

4. akbar_k
    OP

Newcomer akbar_k Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply, that makes sense. It's ok if I can't access it, at least I can save and restore my .sav files and it works nicely.

Is there a reason why some games work better on the NOR rather than on the NAND?

I was getting graphical glitches with Advance Wars on the NAND but not on the NOR, and also getting crashes with Kirby Amazing Mirror.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    What version of EZManager are you using? Also try holding L and launching (it will soft reset instead).
    If just for GBA get ahold of 2.08 from sosukes: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/