1. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 Vipera’s Alt

United States
    Jesus Christ.

KingVamp likes this.
  2. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The Lone Wanderer

United States
    Thankfully a wacko like you would never have any power.

HamBone41801 likes this.
  3. MaverickWellington

United States
    Yes, because not only do his claims have no evidence to back them up (and no, looking at IMDB pages or finding similar looking people in photos is not evidence) but they're hairbrained schemes.

Furthermore, why do you take him seriously? You know he has, under oath of law in front of a jury, outright stated that he plays a character on InfoWars and does not believe in his conspiracy theories?

KingVamp and Sophie-bear like this.
  4. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

United States
    Idk, it's happened before.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  5. bitjacker

bitjacker GBAtemp Disorderly

United States
    Anarchist.
    I think a perfect government would be a group of people who flat out kill anyone who tries to take power over other people or exploit them. But they themselves would not be considered to be in power (until you fuck someone over). If everyone knew the consequence, it wouldn't be a bad deal at all. Human life is afforded too many protections.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  6. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I think he gets way too much credit, he spends most of his time tweeting and playing golf. Its a good thing the government will run without him. there are also a ton of people who know what they are doing around him, he seems to just pick a differnt one to listen to anytime he feels like doing work. Sometimes he listens to the wrong person, then he fires them lol.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  7. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    If he would just let the government run without him we'd objectively be in a much better place economically right now

8. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    This is why I feel that even if religion was wiped off the face of the Earth, as some people want, something else would fill their place.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  9. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Do good, be good. Let's fight injustice together.

United Kingdom
    Same

Lilith Valentine and Sophie-bear like this.
  10. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

United States
    I don't agree with eugenics, but let's play with the idea for a second because you guys are getting pretty rude for an opinion that I don't think is all that offensive. Eugenics is basically controlling breeding and life of human beings for the purpose of improving humans with desirable traits.

If you take "human" out of that definition you have natural selection. Nature has been doing this since the dawn of life. Even more importantly it has been, and continues to do this to humans. Humans already have, and continue do this to other life. We breed animals and plants for the purpose of desired traits all the time. Without humans there would be no cows.

Another way to look at it, as we've made medical advances making life expectancy much longer for everyone across all sexes, races, conditions, there has been an increase in occurrences of cancer, genetic disorders, mental disorders, etc. So one could argue that increasing life expectancy and open breeding is harmful to the human race.

DarthDub likes this.
  11. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Though it's nice to talk about it like it would happen in a vacuum and everybody would see benefits, the reality is that even if we perfected the technology, eugenics would be ridiculously expensive. Just another privilege for the rich to enjoy while the rest of us do without. Essentially we'd be manufacturing "perfect" humans to rule over the rest of us wretched beings who are subject to the genetic lottery.

12. MaverickWellington

United States
    [​IMG]

People being alive longer, and more people being alive means you're going to notice more of these occurrences happening. It does not mean they are related. Furthermore, increasing life expectancy, health, and lowering the mortality rate is a good thing. People with disabilities, or people with a history of them in their families should have the right to live, rather than have that right taken from them because some nerd thinks they should be. Eugenics is an awful idea, full stop. Natural selection is not comparable, because it is not something decided by a being, it is decided by a force. Taking the human input out of eugenics doesn't suddenly make it natural selection. If anything, removing human intervention would make natural selection become a force of eugenics itself. Not only is your reasoning flawed, but eugenics as a whole is flawed to begin with. It is absolutely not the right of any one man, or group of men to determine if others have the right to live just because of their genetics.

So yeah, frankly? I think calling someone a, quote, "fucking monster" for advocating the extermination of those they deem unfit, or to abandon them and let them suffer alone (which is arguably more cruel than just outright exterminating them) is more than justified. As I'm sure you're well aware, I have plenty more fitting words for someone with such stances. There's a line between judging the state of someone's life, then making a decision based on mercy because of that, and the edgy as fuck stance of "lol fuck them bro just like survive and shit." Especially when those completely capable of survival will be squandered by events out of their control in society.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This too. "perfect humans" would just lead to awful classism, which we really don't need more of.

Xzi and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  13. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Well, I do think something like transhumanism will happen, but it will be by choice.

DarthDub and CallmeBerto like this.
  14. MaverickWellington

United States
    Honestly, it's happening now. Transgenderism fits the bill for transhumanism, for example. It just hasn't reached the Human Revolution levels of development. I honestly hope it doesn't, because the recent Defcon thing proved that shit would be way too easy to exploit.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  15. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Now I'm curious. What Defcon thing are you speaking of specifically?

16. MaverickWellington

United States
  17. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

United States
    Sounds a lot like gattica
    That's exactly what that means.
    I agree
    I fail to see the difference. Natural selection in its natural state is a form of eugenics. What your saying is redundant.
    He wasn't advocating extermination. That's genocide. Eugenics at its core is controlled breeding. I'm not on the side of eugenics. I'm just asking that people remember to respect others, and that there is no harm in playing with an idea that you don't personally agree with. If only for the sake of debate.

18. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    Thank you for putting into words what I didn't have time to at the moment, although I'll add:

I'm obviously all for the betterment of human life in general, but the second someone advocates for a genetic alteration without the recipient's consent, or as, God forbid was said here, some variation of advocating for the death of a person because they see them as a "useless eater" due to the simple fact that they can't do conventional labor, I do believe that we've hit territory where it's fair to call said person a monster

He specifically said that he wanted to pull medical assistance from people who can't take care of themselves on their own and leave them to die. I don't know in what universe that ISN'T considered extermination

HamBone41801 and Xzi like this.
  19. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Pretty much. That's the (justified) fear anyway, and the reason there's a lot of stigma behind discussing eugenics. That, and the Nazis.

WeedZ likes this.
  20. MaverickWellington

United States
    There is a lot more than just "controlled breeding" to, and I directly quote, "if you cannot survive with shelter, food, and water provided to you you are a waste of resources and defective."

You fail to see the difference because you aren't looking. One has conscious control, the other doesn't. It's completely different for this reason.

To further clarify, one can consciously set up what standards and tests something will encounter for the sake of creating a desirable result. Without the human aspect, natural selection just happens. You can chalk it up to luck if you want, but it is not intentionally subjecting people to tests of natural ability or suitability, so it's incomparable.

I don't think kindness should be reserved for unkind beliefs. There's better ways to better mankind than to falsely pretend eugenics has merit to it.

Yeah, like I said, just leaving them to die like that is arguably more cruel than extinction, because they're just sitting there suffering. To refuse to help people you have the resources to help solely because you see them as a burden, even in situations where their burden isn't even a strain on resources, is absolutely amoral. So yeah, like I said, calling it out as such is totally justified and disrespectful ideas should not be treated with the basic respect they refuse to see other humans with.

invaderyoyo and TotalInsanity4 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - political, spectrum, Where