1. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Mexico
    Just because there's no evidence to back them up doesn't mean they're necessarily untrue. That's what I mean by disproving it.

2. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

United States
    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

3. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Mexico
    What I meant by that is that his claims are unfalsifiable.
    Unfalsifiability. Description: Confidently asserting that a theory or hypothesis is true or false even though the theory or hypothesis cannot possibly be contradicted by an observation or the outcome of any physical experiment, usually without strong evidence or good reasons.
    This means that his claims can't be proven, but also can't be disproven.

4. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

United States
    We know exactly what you meant. Loads of ridiculous things are unfalsifiable. The quote I replied with definitely applies here.

5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

United States
    So because it's impossible to prove that his outlandish, damaging, and insensitive assertions are 100% false, we ought to give him a platform as though they are 100% true?

6. guicrith

guicrith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Companys should definitely not host his shows, but he has the right to his website if he self hosts and thats likely where he gets a lot of his following, people go to him because they have been so thoroughly convinced everything else is a conspiracy or fake news.

7. TotalInsanity4

United States
    So Twitter is justified in putting him in "time-out," is what you're saying if I understand correctly

8. guicrith

guicrith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, he is almost at inciting violence levels of crazy.
    People are being chased because of the shit he said and while he has the right to say it no one should assist him in doing it.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Grumpy Enby

Antarctica
    I wish GBATemp had a heart reaction right now
    He actually made a profile post that read, "1488," which is a hate symbol used by neo-nazis
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    KingVamp and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  10. TotalInsanity4

United States
    Interesting. I fully agree with you, but I've gotta say I didn't exactly peg you as the type to go after one of the key figureheads in the Alt-Right conspiracy movement

11. guicrith

guicrith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My loyalty lies with logic, science and reality above all else, he is none of those, I would only be considered alt-right because I am willing to openly admit my feelings about Islam and the disabled, which are logically sound, but still may be considered extremely immoral.

12. TotalInsanity4

United States
    So wait....... You acknowledge that your "views" are, generally speaking, immoral? Is that also how you view them, or just how you recognize that other people view them?

13. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Forgot about this.
    I still think he is doing some good, but shame about his ego.

Did he actually say this?

That's also something I didn't know about.

14. guicrith

guicrith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I dont view them as immoral, I view them as reality, if someone cant function the answer isnt to give them another person as a slave and without that they would die, I also believe that people are clinging to dogma of the past and its time to let go of that.

"all life is precious(cancer and mosquitos are life too)", "the dead should be respected(they dont care they are dead, burning or burying them is a waste of organs and meat that could save others)", "surviving is the most important part of living(if you life sucks its OK to end it, its only worth the joy you can get out of it)" and "your labor/economic value is your worth as a person".

While this may seem evil, people need to realize that by not doing what I am stating just creates more suffering and that accepting death is OK.

15. MaverickWellington

United States
    But they *are* untrue, because there's no evidence disproving the current sequence of events. For his nonsensical theories to be anything more than untrue, nonsensical ramblings, he needs to have coherent proof that disproves the current established sequence of events. Because he does not, but swears up and down they are false, his claims are easily dismissable.

In situations where you're going "everything you currently know is wrong," you damn sure need evidence to back such statements up, or what you're saying is untrue. Simple as that. He disproves his own statements by failing to prove them.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No, for this mindset to work, people need to embrace nihilism and come to enjoy a basically meaningless, empty life. No thanks. Even if I'm deluding myself, I'll take colorful delusions over a bunch of black and white nothingness. If my life has no meaning, I will create one.

invaderyoyo, TotalInsanity4 and Xzi like this.
  16. Lilith Valentine

Antarctica
    I accidentally moved to a town with an extremely high Neo-nazis and KKK population when I was trying to find a place closer to my work. Knowledge of these symbols became very important very quickly for me. They have an obsession with numbers

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  17. MaverickWellington

United States
    From my understanding it's so that they can use them as "dog whistles" or whatever the term is so that they can freely find each other by posting seemingly innocuous stuff that has an incredibly dark meaning behind it. Most people aren't gonna look at 1488 and go "oh, that's the rallying call for bald headed LARPers."

18. HamBone41801

HamBone41801 Vipera’s Alt

United States
    So... you do realize that someday, you’ll tell this to someone irl, and they’ll just fucking murder you, right? (But don’t worry, death is ok!)

Also, I think a major flaw in your whole thought process is that you assume that none of the people you wish would be euthanized have anything to contribute.

19. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

United States
    The whole point of civilization is to avoid what you're talking about. People depend on each other to varying degrees.

I'm curious about what you think of Stephen Hawking. Did he count as "someone who cant function"?

20. Lilith Valentine

Antarctica
    Dog whistle is the right term and it's something I've used to lure these kinds of people out.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - political, spectrum, Where