Where do you buy your games from?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Javacat, Oct 1, 2007.

Oct 1, 2007
  1. Javacat
    OP

Member Javacat GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    This is gonna sound really n00bish, but are there any good online stores or highstreet stores that sell Wii games reasonably cheaper than everyone else or that currently have good deals on? I got my Wii just over a week ago and have finished the games I got with it, so I'm after some more. I fell out of the legal game purchasing loop a few years ago so I only know about the older stores.

I always used to buy my games from GamePlay as they used to be really cheap compared to the highstreet, but now they are only a little bit cheaper than the highstreet and my (soon to expire) student discount makes up for that. I've tried CD-WOW, but they are a similar price, along with Play.com.

On the highstreet I know of HMV, Virgin Megastore and GAME, but they are all expensive. I've recently started looking at gamestation, but they are about the same price for new games and theres only about £2 difference between new and second hand.

So am I missing out on some uber discount shop somewhere, or am I expecting too much too soon :

Edit: For anyone interested, just seen that play.com are having a mini sale on a few games.

2. yus786

Member yus786 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    if your in the UK and looking to get cheap games off the net then check out:

www.hotukdeals.com

do a search for any game you want, it should be there but if not go onto the forum and make a request for that game on that system and someone will get back to you.

you can pick some other bargains off there too mate [​IMG]

yus786

3. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I "buy" my games from the internet. The prices can't be beat! [​IMG]

4. Javacat
    OP

Member Javacat GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    lol. That place is great for PC games, but I don't really want to get Wii games from there. It has ruined my DS experience [​IMG]

Thanks for the link yus786, I'll check it out later and see what deals I can find.