Where do you buy used / broken Wiis?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by giantpune, Apr 8, 2010.

Apr 8, 2010
  1. giantpune
    OP

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I am looking to buy a wii with a broken or missing dvd drive. I've been looking all over the web and I'm not really seeing many. Ebay and craigslist have some, but I'm sure that somewhere there is some massive wii graveyard that I am missing. Does anybody know of such a place where wiis go to die?

2. giantpune
    OP

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    woohoo. the vulnerable boot2 isn't really needed. i already have a boot2able wii. im wanting to dick around with testing some hardware and stuff that i will probably mess up and tear the thing up. i was wanting to keep my boot2able wii safe.

but if you have one that can have bootmii @ boot2, ill take it. my motto is "if its free, its for me" so send what you got [​IMG] .

3. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Do you get many semi-broke Wii's, deadlyfoez ? Cause My Wii will no longer read original gamecube discs, yet Wii discs & backups of both are fine. I presume I need a replacement drive, but dont wanna send it to Nintendo, fearing they'll put a D3-v2 in.

Basically, if you have any of the original replacement drives, I'm willing to pay you for it, and the postage, of course.

PM or email me if you do/will : resincake@o2.co.uk

Thanks either way .. :>