Homebrew Where do we stand today with DSi SD homebrew?

bluestreak711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a crazy dream last night about hacking the DSi to insert a homebrew channel, I decided to look for updates on the matter.
But all the updates were out of date.

I did run across this thread.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147684

And it said we wouldn't have updates probably until Mid 2010.

Well today is April 15, 2010 and I was hoping some people can post the latest news on the subject here.
By the way, no scams please,only raw information on the subject.

Also, I just joined and it is my first post here.

Happy Blogging everybody.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, well put.
laugh.gif

Nothing much has happened. I believe the DSi RAM was dumped a long time ago, but that's about as much that has happened.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
i recon it has been hacked, the hardcore hackers are just finding out abot stuff still to make a good enought devkit for homebrew n that. not point releaseing an exploit to just be patched and have to do all the work again when u have something that just neeeds a devkit to work for now

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Exploits have already been found and unsigned code run on a DSi...

But that doesn't mean they're any closer to making a flashcart or 'homebrew channel'.

bluestreak711

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would be a good estimate of when it will happen.
I just want to know so I will know when to look again.
If you all don't think it will happen in 2010 I won't waste
any more time looking this year.

What I really would like is to be able to view txt files on my DSi
through the SD slot.

Already I am able to;Tune my guitar and other instruments, Listen to music, Use it to help me learn a foreign language through My Spanish Coach which stays in the game slot and the DSi ware spanish game and listen to audio ebooks of stories and slow them down to try to understand. I can take pictures (hope the cam is better on on of the next releases, I have free basic net browsing where there is wifi, I have my alarm clock, these game systems always have a nice battery life (better than my digicam)

All is really missing is to be able to read txt files where I store alot of song lyrics and a way to watch videos.

Are those also features that are being worked on?
without using a flash cart that is.

by the way i am probably not the only dummy who has asked/wanted to ask this question so if anyone else like me searches for the DSi SD hack and find this post with a current date on it that nothing has happened yet, they don't have to look far and can go ahead and move on for now and not waste time looking lol

Let this thread be a up to date record to everyone that nothing has happened yet.

gamerjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a huge ram dump and you can choose a random bit of it and try it for the common key, the common key is the key we need to be at a 5 for progression. and after that it will be less than 3 months for the first betas to appear in carts and what not.

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluestreak711 said:
by the way i am probably not the only dummy who has asked/wanted to ask this question so if anyone else like me searches for the DSi SD hack and find this post with a current date on it that nothing has happened yet, they don't have to look far and can go ahead and move on for now and not waste time looking lol

Let this thread be a up to date record to everyone that nothing has happened yet.

You also could've used the search function yourself.

I'll only wate 1 post because really, ppl here is telling you NOTHING is going on. NO FEATURES ARE BEING WORKED ON since we can't currently install anything without the common key.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
bluestreak711 said:
What would be a good estimate of when it will happen.
I just want to know so I will know when to look again.
If you all don't think it will happen in 2010 I won't waste
any more time looking this year.

What I really would like is to be able to view txt files on my DSi
through the SD slot.

Already I am able to;Tune my guitar and other instruments, Listen to music, Use it to help me learn a foreign language through My Spanish Coach which stays in the game slot and the DSi ware spanish game and listen to audio ebooks of stories and slow them down to try to understand. I can take pictures (hope the cam is better on on of the next releases, I have free basic net browsing where there is wifi, I have my alarm clock, these game systems always have a nice battery life (better than my digicam)

All is really missing is to be able to read txt files where I store alot of song lyrics and a way to watch videos.

Are those also features that are being worked on?
without using a flash cart that is.

The real problem is that we have no idea how long it will take.
Someone could hack it up tommorow and it could be done in a week. Or it could be done in 6 or 7 years.
It's not something you can measure the progress of.

Oh, and if you think I'm joking about the 6/7 years thing, think about the CPS2. It was released in 1993 and the decryption in it wasn't broken until 2001. And that decryption wasn't even useful until 2007!

So, don't bank on DSi-mode any time soon.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
Screw it.. 3ds is almost here.. ds is gonna die nobody will care once the 3ds is out
While I don't see the 3DS being a total flop, I really can't see it meeting Nintendo's typically high expectations.
http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/only-...endo-3ds-684616

2004-11-21 - Nintendo DS "phat"
2006-03-02 - Nintendo DS Lite
2008-11-01 - Nintendo DSi
2009-11-21 - Nintendo DSi LL/XL
2010-11-xx - Nintendo 3DS (speculation)

I've read a few places that mention that Nintendo is trying to get the 3DS out before the holiday season of 2010, so chances are, given that 3 out of 4 of their current releases happened in November, that the same would also go for the 3DS. If that is true, it will be the shortest gap between releases at approximately 1 year even, unlike the 1year 2mos between the DSi and DSi LL/XL.
This will be the 3rd handheld hardware released by Nintendo in a 2 year span... IMO, that just screams 'greedy'.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe that's how Nintendo is going to stop homebrew\piracy: just release a new system once a year so that the hackers will want to wait until the next one comes out.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person