Homebrew Where do the roms come from?

xtreme_power

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just wondering where do all the roms come from? How do the roms get dumped? And do the hackers actually go out to the store to purchase the games to get it dumped? If not, who supplies them with the games? And how do they get the games so early as well?

educate me
lecture.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Sit down children, I think its time we had a chat about the male and female usb connectors, and what happens when a game loves a computer very much....

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
To not be a total Jackass, Yes the Rom dumpers *MUST* purchase the games or the not so practical way of Stealing them. Sometimes they rent them, not sure if you can rent DS games though! And now STFU and never ask questions about Read-Only-Memorys EVER AGain

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually someone who works for a company supplies it to a warez group(at least thats how it is with PC software).

Motive? To get back at the company I guess.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of you are wrong.

It's the aliens

The aliens man.

They're like, feeding us so we get fat.

Then they gonna get us

It's the aliens man.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Magic ROM Bush.

Yeah, I got a few of them in my back garden.

To not be a total Jackass, Yes the Rom dumpers *MUST* purchase the games or the not so practical way of Stealing them. Sometimes they rent them, not sure if you can rent DS games though! And now STFU and never ask questions about Read-Only-Memorys EVER AGain

What? They have suppliers, thats why they get the games so early. Well, WRG did as far as I know.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
my first post since a long time and the most recent thread are very low level today...

some roms come before the actual official release date. i guess it's enough to imagine who really dump it in the first place...

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok people its pretty simple.

When something is going to be released for example at blockbuster or best buy, it sits in the back room for awhile before they put it out on the shelf. Now im not sure how long it sits back there. But however long it sits back there, lets say someone takes just one of them home (an employee) and dumps it and returns it back the next day with noone even noticing.

This is an example of how it is done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1