Where do people go to sell their unwanted flashcart/systems?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SolidSuneku, Nov 3, 2015.

1. SolidSuneku
    OP

SolidSuneku Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    I'd like to know because I'm trying to get rid of my crystal blue 2ds and gateway just to make a quick buck. I don't really use it anymore so yeah, I tried ebay but no one shows interest really and they don't allow the selling of flash carts so it makes it a lot harder. Craiglist? ehhh rather not. I apologize if this post is in the wrong thread, I figured it was best suited here, anyways thanks in advance!

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    There's a trading area on this forum that a lot of people use for such things but you need 100 posts to access it.

3. SolidSuneku
    OP

SolidSuneku Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2014
    United States
    oh well that's good to know, thanks! guess I'll get to posting on random threads then. If anyone's interested send me a message in the mean time.

4. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    PM sent

5. DrDuck

DrDuck Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2015
    I managed to sell a DSTWo about 6 months ago on eBay - listing wasn't terminated, and it was sold in about 6 hours..

Ronhero likes this.
  6. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Craigslist doesn't hurt, I guess.

If you take this route, I would suggest giving the flash cart a well-detailed description of what a flash cart is and what it can do since the common man doesn't know what they are. I believe by doing that, you will receive more interested buyers.
    • the name of the flashcart
    • what nintendo DS flashcarts do
      • what games they can play natively
      • what games they can play with the use of homebrew applications
    • what they need to make them function
      • compatible devices (very important)
      • what size micro SD they may need
      • tools to edit cheat files
      • tools to make specific homebrew programs work
      • where to download flashcart system updates
      • manufacturer's website
      • where to ask for help if they encounter a problem
    • (and only if you're really being courteous post-purchase) where to attain homebrew programs and/or roms for said flash cart(s)
    Anyway, I find keeping old flashcarts to be the better option. To keep immoral practices to yourself and all that. I mean, I know flashcarts aren't inherently illegal but they're still looked down upon by the white-coated fans of the consoles. That, and keeping a flashcart that still functions is good in case the flashcart you prefer stops functioning.

Last edited by Pluupy, Nov 3, 2015
    Subtle Demise and Quantumcat like this.