Where do I get up to date Translation patches for some SNES games?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I ordered Violinist of Hameln from ebay the other day and I'm beyond excited to play the game, what little I played of the ROM was simply amazing to me, so while waiting for the actual cart to arrive in the mail I decided to play the ROM and play it in English so I know what's what when I get my actual game I'll be playing on my SNES.
But, when I went ahead and patched the game with a patch I found somewhere it stopped working, it boots up but after the Enix logo it just goes to a black screen and that's it.
I'm using RetroArch on Windows with SNES9x

I get easily discouraged and frustrated with the internet because I never know where to find anything, especially stuff like this. There are too many sites and too many different versions of stuff, I tried googling it as people suggest and look at how it ended up, I wasted my time.
So google is useless, I've found the only viable solution for these type of problems is to ask people personally, sorry if I'm being annoying.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's not a lot of active translation group website for SNES projects.
You can check here :
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/
it contains lot of projects from many different groups

and here:
http://agtp.romhack.net/
a single translator/hacker doing lot of game translation alone. It takes time, but he is still active.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It says it should have a header and I assume the one I downloaded does since RetroArch detects the header/title, Retroarch won't add games to playlist without headers, right?

EDIT: Please keep in mind I'm an artist and not a tech savvy person, I don't understand these things well.
Maybe the ROM doesn't have a header, I just read there's such a thing as external and internal headers.

I wish these things were simpler for those of us not into computers lol

Last edited by Shinigami Kiba,

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well now that we know the header is the issue most likely I'll just download a bunch of Violinists from Hamelin and hope one works :D
This topic was very very helpful, there's a lot I don't know about these things despite emulating for years

I will post results

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I ended up downloading a pre-patched ROM
I've never been able to get anything working with computers, why should this have been any different
here's hoping when i need a translated ROM again i can find a pre-patched one

fuck computers tbh lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)