Hacking Where do games on Gateway save? + EmuNAND question

xanth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,

So I've got a downgraded 3DS that I installed EmuNAND and use my Gateway card on. One thing I noticed last time I put the MicroSD that I use with my Gateway in my computer, was that the saves aren't stored on it.

Where is the saved game data stored with Gateway? On the internal SD card I used for EmuNAND?

If so, I'm worried about filling the SD card because I'm (possibly short-sightedly) using the factory 2GB one that came with my 3DS. Can I clone the SD card with the EmuNAND data onto another larger card without an issue or would this brick my DS or something?

Thanks!

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
yes , the saves are on the 3ds sd card.

I would suggest you to upgrade to a 4gb one because games like smash and upcoming MH4 ( the demo does it too ) Need a 4gb card at least for them to work , as they use it as extra memory.

Yes you can clone it. You need a program that was called iirc "emunand tool?" you would need then to extract the sd card ( with the console off ofc) , use the tool to backup your emunand , then insert the new and bigger sd card and do the whole process of creating the emunand again on that sd card. Then extract it again and with the tool insert back your original emunand into the new card. Then put back the other content of the sd card like the 3ds files and the save games.

Reactions: xanth

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty sure you can clone the entire thing, yeah, but make sure you also move the invisible emunand partition. emunand tool works for this. Saves are indeed stored on the internet SD, their filename a bunch of numbers IIRC.

Reactions: xanth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte