Homebrew Where did Lameboy 0.12 go?

doom5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a news posting for a new version of Lameboy, version 0.12, but it's gone, along with the download.

What happened?

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its not a fake? im using it on my DS right now? wtf? lol and its not an official release, it even says so in the Readme that its a modified version of it... weird?

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny, I'm using the "fake" release and noticed the improvements right away (some roms that didn't work, now do, all games run smooth as butter). What gives?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
So anyway its not a fake but a modified version which works better than the previouse 0.11 so why wouldn't people want to use this?

Here is the :Link

Remove if you must GBATemp but its doing no harm

paul

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
sirdashadow said:
Funny, I'm using the "fake" release and noticed the improvements right away (some roms that didn't work, now do, all games run smooth as butter). What gives?
What gives is that you're apparently nuts; that or enjoying the placebo effect. 0.12 is byte-for-byte the exact same file as 0.11. Same CRC. Zero diffs in a hex compare. With the exception of the clever rename, they are the same file.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
0.12 is byte-for-byte the exact same file as 0.11. Same CRC. Zero diffs in a hex compare. With the exception of the clever rename, they are the same file.

Well i haven't actually checked to see the differences if any but i will now lol.

@ sirdashadow

Can you explain the " improvements " to us and also what games now " run smooth as butter " ?

paul

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, it seems to be fake
frown.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
yep does seem fake 209kbs for both 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 and tested with same games for both with no noticeable difference what so ever, shame!

paul

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Vague Rant said:
sirdashadow said:
What gives is that you're apparently nuts; that or enjoying the placebo effect. 0.12 is byte-for-byte the exact same file as 0.11. Same CRC. Zero diffs in a hex compare. With the exception of the clever rename, they are the same file.

You really didn;t even try them, did you? Super Mario land 2 boss battles now work (verified by me) while they didn't in 0.11, also the framerate has improved and you can scale it to fullscreen now.
Next time, do your research before shouting.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for those that still think this is a FAKE

just read the Nutki blog linked to above it states this

QUOTE said:
Lameboy DS 0.12
June 2nd, 2009

Considering it’s been over a year since last version released, there’s not many changes in this version. However I just recently returned to the lameboy project and started with some small issues. It is possible that you won’t need to wait another year for the next release.

Lameboy DS 0.12

Change log:

* fixed: better interrupt timing (should fix Mario Land 2 boss levels)
* fixed: multipacket SGB messages (fixes Pokemon R/G/B in battle color overlays)
* added: backlight of the menu screen is turned off when not used
* added: fullscreen scaling (ignores aspect ratio)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
Vague Rant said:
sirdashadow said:

You really didn;t even try them, did you? Super Mario land 2 boss battles now work (verified by me) while they didn't in 0.11, also the framerate has improved and you can scale it to fullscreen now.
Next time, check your release dates before saying someone is an idiot. It only makes you look like a fool.

Every post in this thread is from 2008. v0.12 was released June 2009. How could they possibly be talking about a program that wasn't released until 8 months in the future?

Same to you kobykaan. This thread was from back when v0.12 WAS a fake.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Same to you kobykaan. This thread was from back when v0.12 WAS a fake.

meh .. I really need to read dates more often instead of racing ahead to post answers lol!
maby this thread should be closed to avoid further posts!

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
Vague Rant said:
sirdashadow said:

I can't even imagine a way in which my post could have been less shout-y. There's no exclamation points, there's no caps lock, nothing. Maybe if I posted in all smalls or something? Nice job making a fool of yourself, anyway; stick around, we could use a laugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: