Necoconeco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore all the flashcarts. And ignore all the recent games. Just focus on the recent AP.

All this time up until 2 months ago, pretty much any game that ever had an AP system would be patched almost instantly, as if it was effortless. On DS-Scene hex-edits and patches would be posted within hours of a release.

What happened to all the people who released all these game fixes?

Call of Duty, Mario Vs DK, and every other game that is not Golden Sun (U) have been out for awhile and still are patch-less.

Whats up?
mellow.gif

Necoconeco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
because patches are no longer needed
they have tu update the kernel of your flashcard in order to make the games work
Then what happened in the last 2 months that made patchers unneeded?

2 Months ago Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded was patched, so obviously there was a need for patchers then. Why aren't there a need now? What changed? What event suddenly made all flash cart's firmwares competent enough for people to stop caring enough to make hacks?

Necoconeco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
because not all flashcards need patches no more,neither all games
by just implementing the fix in the kernel is more than enough
Ok... Did you miss the part where I said patches used to come out instantly?

Before 2 months ago, it was hex edits, then patches, then firmware updates for nearly all games.

Now its just firmware updates.

I get that firmware fixes a game, a patch isn't needed, Im not arguing that.

But before a cart gets an update, there are often patches that come out before it.

In which I'm asking, at what point did all these flashcarts get so competent enough to release firmware fixes to make independent hackers refrain from bothering to release/create patches?

LastMartini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Because all of the boss hackers use R4s? So with WoodR4 updating as it is, there is no need to hack? The world may never know.

Either that or AKAIO.

Offtopic: I don't know if I am in a music mood or what but when I saw the title I thought it would be a good song title.
Either im in a music mood or haven't had that much sleep.

Necoconeco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
before they release a crack,you have to wait
it's like when an original game is released,if you don't have the money,you save fot it
Again, what part of instantaneous do you not get?

Are you forgetting all those times hex edits were out within minutes the game was updated to the list?
Are you forgetting about all those games that had crack-intros ?

During nearly the entire Spring and Summer, there were no "Waiting" for fixes, the "fixes" were already pre-built, or were provided withing minutes/hours of a scene release.

I can't recall the last time I even seen a crack intro.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Necoconeco said:
darkreaperofdreams said:
before they release a crack,you have to wait
it's like when an original game is released,if you don't have the money,you save fot it
Again, what part of instantaneous do you not get?

Are you forgetting all those times hex edits were out within minutes the game was updated to the list?
Are you forgetting about all those games that had crack-intros ?

During nearly the entire Spring and Summer, there were no "Waiting" for fixes, the "fixes" were already pre-built, or were provided withing minutes/hours of a scene release.

I can't recall the last time I even seen a crack intro.
That sounds alot better then nowadays.
Well i'm gonna start trolling the Acekard and Supercard, anyone wanna join?

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Sims 3 got a patch, as did the new Gundam game (thanks, Rudolph!)

I think maybe the people that made the patches got frustrated with the sheer impatience expressed by some people- the fever surrounding certain games means they are over-run with 'my free game don't work, do something about it'.

Pokemon B/W was particularly bad, with rumours abounding of Anti- Piracy that didn't exist people were asking for patches BEFORE the game itself was actually dumped. Then when it was dumped the n00bs flooded and crashed the forum- I was a mere lurker then- with demands for not only a patch for the real AP but also an instant translation patch.

If I were someone with the know-how to create patches, I would take one look at that and think 'stuff the lot of you'

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
  • Wood R4 is open-source and has been ported to multiple flash carts. These happen to be the cheap/old/knockoff carts that many people in foreign countries (where these patches generally come from) are using.
  • AKAIO got AAP, which bypasses the type of AP all the new games are using.
  • The DSTwo came out and it's like a cyclo AP-wise, but it costs less and has a butt-ton more features, so people bought it up like mad.
If they don't need to patch things, then they won't bother making and distributing a patch.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If they don't need to patch things, then they won't bother making and distributing a patch.

What he said. Basically 2 carts no longer need Firmware updates to play new games, and for the majority of the other cards, they can get Wood, or YSMenu/TTmenu, which is updated for games on a pretty good basis by good ol' Retro. The other cards that cant use wood and/or YSMenu get firmware updates. UNLESS you have shitty card like mine (R4 Ultra).

So far as i know, the R4 Ultra is the only card that cant play Golden Sun right now, due to it being a trash card, it doesnt get updated. Due to it being an Acekard clone, it cant run the updated YSMenu. Due to being a CLONE, it cant run AKAIO. And because all the patchers have lost reason for patching, us poor R4 Ultra saps are stuck with 2 options. A) Buy a new card, or B) Buy the games.

Farquad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iggloovortex said:
So far as i know, the R4 Ultra is the only card that cant play Golden Sun right now, due to it being a trash card, it doesnt get updated. Due to it being an Acekard clone, it cant run the updated YSMenu. Due to being a CLONE, it cant run AKAIO. And because all the patchers have lost reason for patching, us poor R4 Ultra saps are stuck with 2 options. A) Buy a new card, or B) Buy the games.

CycloDS doesn't run the game either.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
iggloovortex said:
Rydian said:

What he said. Basically 2 carts no longer need Firmware updates to play new games, and for the majority of the other cards, they can get Wood, or YSMenu/TTmenu, which is updated for games on a pretty good basis by good ol' Retro. The other cards that cant use wood and/or YSMenu get firmware updates. UNLESS you have shitty card like mine (R4 Ultra).

have you tried this? i just saw it while browsing on threads here...
*snip

it AKAIO 1.81 for R4ultra.. i don't know if it's working though..
biggrin.gif

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you not go to the site rikardo? there is absolutely NO mention of AKAIO

EDIT:All of a sudden on the first page it links to download page for AKAIO 1.8.1. but i still dont see a download

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.