Where can you buy a PSP in Canada...?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Splych, Jan 4, 2010.

Jan 4, 2010
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    You can't buy the PSP anywhere in Ontario, Canada... I want to get a PSP 2000 new.

All they have are...
    - the PSPgo
    - the Assassin's Creed PSP 3000 Bundle [the 3000!?]
    - the Rockband PSP 3000 Bundle [another 3000]
    - the Hannah Montana PSP 3000 Bundle [3000]
    - the Gran Turismo PSP 3000 Bundle [3000]
    - the PSP 3000 Core

You can't find a new PSP 2000 anymore =[

If anyone knows where I can get one in Ontario, Canada post here. I really want to get a new PSP 2000... And if there are none, I might just go used at GameStop. EBay maybe... But EBGames and Gamestop just show the PSP 3000, unless it is used.

If Ebay or Gamestop is the only place where I can get a PSP 2000, then I will just get a PSP 3000 and risk getting those screen issues...

2. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Basically, try EB Games or Gamestop for a secondhand one, or Kijiji. You can't get them brand-new anymore, unless you check the black market. [​IMG]

3. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Argh... I was afraid of that. Does EBGames/Gamestop just give out normal PSPs? Like the plain old black ones? Or can they be awesome and give away a limited edition one?

I would've wanted to get the Dissidia PSP Bundle but never saw it in Canada...? And also, the screen thing people talk about. I read that there are 2 settings: Original Settings and WIDE settings. That screen issue only appears on the WIDE settings. That true?

Used PSP 2000 at Gamestop/EBGames. It is... $130. Ain't that a little expensive for a used console compared to a new 3000...?

4. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    check pawn shops

I've seen quite a few of the Star Wars/God of War psp's for 100ish bucks

5. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Pawn Shops...? I have never seen one in real life to be honest...

I read that the God of War PSPs have the un-hackable motherboards. That true?

Sigh... I knew I should bought a PSP while I had the chance in the past. I am thinking about getting a used PSP 2000 at GameStop. I also asked my Dad about getting one through Kijiji. He said it was okay aswell for me to get one that way. Yet he doesn't let me get something from EBay ....

6. lad_cali

Newcomer lad_cali Member

United States
    why don't you try amazon.com? I think there are many sellers that ship to canada. BTW, brand new psp 2000 is kind of expensive. And the hackable bundles are god of war, daxter, star war, avoid to buy the maddle bundle since there is a chance you can get a ta088v3. I don't suggest buying used psp online because you don't know about the condition of the used ones. Why don't you buy a psp 3k, any psp 3k with firmware 5.03 or lower can be temporary hacked, and brand new psp 3k is cheaper than brand new 2k. People say that psp 3k had scanlines issues, but I think it not that bad. You could tried to play a psp 3k at gamestop and see for yourself if you can handle the screen or not.

7. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Won't it be "hard" to find a PSP 3000 with that kind of firmware? I am pretty sure that they have updated the firmware to a firmware that is not hackable...?

8. lad_cali

Newcomer lad_cali Member

United States
    I think the psp 3000 clank and ratchet bundle have firmware lower than 5.03. I just buy a brand new one several days ago, and it has firmware 5.01

9. lukands

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    Yes I would say your out of luck for a 2000 new in store.
    Keep checking Craigslist or Kijiji often, sometimes you can get a great deal but you have to be fast, and I`ve seen lots already modded, and its local meet with cash.
    Try something like Cash Converters (todays modern pawn shop)

10. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    I was on Kijiji checking out some offers for a PSP Slim/2000. Noticed that hacked ones are more expensive then ones that were not modded. I found a really good offer from someone on Kijiji and this was the offer:

- a PSP 2000 [he sent me pictures of it and it was on AMAZING condition]
    - AC Adapter, USB Connect, Case
    - a 4GB Sandisk Memory Stick
    - Juiced 2
    - Socom 2
    - NHL 07

All that for $130. I think it is a really good deal, considering the condition and the bonuses ^^. I am gonna try to pick it up this week. And hopefully get it!

11. lukands

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    Be patient on Kijiji, if your not in a hurry you will find a great deal, like I said if you want an amazing deal you have to check often for new ads. The good stuff sells real quick!

12. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Okay... Everyone was okay with me getting a used PSP at Kijiji. Once I consulted my mom, she was all like "This guy might do something bad to you when you meet him". I said I was bringing my Dad... But then she was still unsafe with that choice.

Now that I can't do that... I am thinking of getting a PSP 3000. She said she would rather have me get a new PSP instead of a used one. Then I had to explain to her the values of the accessories then she was like "I will give you [insert money amount here] to let you buy those accessories NEW". That pretty much ended it... Which PSPs should I aim to get that are in the 3000 level?

They are the only ones that they sell in Canada that I am interested in:
    - PSP 3000 Black Corepack ($170)
    - PSP 3000 White Corepack ($170)
    - PSP 3000 Rockband Bundle ($200)
    - PSP 3000 Assassin's Creed Bundle ($200)

I wish they released the Dissidia bundle in Canada. Too bad it is only in the USA. I could ask my relatives there, but how will they send it...? They will ship it xD. Then I will somehow, give them money back for the costs to give me that PSP. So which one of the above bundles should I aim for? They are the only ones that I am interested in considering the fact that I have to be a legit PSP player... And my mom kept on saying "Why are you gonna hack it"? And when she said that thing about accessories, well... I will use that money then to get me some games...

I am thinking of getting the 2GB and then getting another 4GB since I will probably be adding music + videos. After that, I am gonna aim to get a Case + Screen Protector. I am looking into these Accessories:
    - RocketFish Screen Protector [not sure if it compatible with PSP 3000]
    - Intec Clear PSP Case
    - PSP Travelers Case
    - Sandisk 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo
    - Sony 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo [Any differences between the 2? Which is better to get?]

And yeah... After this, I am gonna be getting a bunch of games and I am good to go.

13. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Go for the Rockband or Assassin's Creed bundle. The Rockband bundle comes with a 4gb mspd and the Assassin's Creed bundle has a 2gb mspd. If you get the Rockband bundle you still get a chance for 5.03 if you still care for it. The cores I believe come with 5.70 nowadays.

14. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Yeah I am interested still. If there is a chance that is... The RockBand one sounds like a good deal mainly because it comes with both a 4GB MSPD and I have a chance to get 5.03 firmware [hopefully]. Now all I have to do is go to FutureShop or Staples to get it [Yes, Staples has it for some reason]

15. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    You can close this thread now mods.

I bought a PSP 3000 Assassin's Creed bundle... I had to. Nothing else that was good enough since my mom doesn't want me getting a used console/handheld.

16. mattwo

Member mattwo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think this applies world wide... -.-